Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mitsubishi are withdrawing from Europe as they can't make money from the level of sales they make.

I've often wondered how International Motors make any money from the very low numbers of Subarus they sell in the UK these days, not sure who the importers are for other European countries and how many they sell.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
As part of the IM Group they have their fingers in a number of pies.

Our Automotive business operates in the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and the Baltic states of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. IM Group has a long-standing relationship with China having established our first office in Beijing in the mid-1990s. In 2005 we opened the Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) in Beijing, a franchise of the UK government agency. We recruit and train VCA engineers and manage the business on behalf of the UK government. Part of our growing automotive business with China is the export of British-made Autoglym products. We are distributors in China of the highly-prized car-cleaning and care range.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
In addition, IM spec the cars they are importing to a price they know they can sell them for, unlike the major players who give the buyer numerous options to choose from.

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While IM may have many other source of income, it's difficult to see how they can maintain the Subaru importing, marketing, spares and dealer infrastructure while only selling about one or two thousand cars a year in the UK, and still make a profit from it.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
While IM may have many other source of income, it's difficult to see how they can maintain the Subaru importing, marketing, spares and dealer infrastructure while only selling about one or two thousand cars a year in the UK, and still make a profit from it.
It seems they do.......specific "about" from International Motors rather than IM Group

With over 40 years of experience in the European automotive trade, International Motors have created the best possible growth in the industry. Guided by our three core values – Agility, Inventiveness and Openness – our operations include distribution of well-known quality brands such as Subaru, Citroen and Isuzu, car finance, logistics, spare parts, accessories and PDI. We have received awards for best customer satisfaction, best dealer satisfaction and largest market share worldwide.
Our vision assumes that success is achieved by meeting our common goals, which are:
  • No:1 in Employee satisfaction
  • No:1 in Dealer satisfaction
  • No:1 in Customer satisfaction
  • Constant growth
  • Profitability for all stakeholders
Currently, IML operates in the following countries:
UK, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, China.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,470 Posts
That's surprising to see Mitsubishi are withdrawing. I thought they were one of the main providers for vehicles to the Highways Agency (Shoguns) and vehicles for airport airside ops at airports around the country (ASX and L200)?

Their Outlander hybrids sold quite well I thought? See lots of older ones on the road still - Haven't seen a new one though admittedly

I guess no more L200's or Shoguns then and the used prices will crash with no dealer network for parts I would guess.

·
Registered
2014 XE CVT
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Outlander sales crashed when the government withdrew subsidies for hybrids.

Apparently a big factor was the cost of development to meet future European emission regs.

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,966 Posts
That's surprising to see Mitsubishi are withdrawing. I thought they were one of the main providers for vehicles to the Highways Agency (Shoguns) and vehicles for airport airside ops at airports around the country (ASX and L200)?

Their Outlander hybrids sold quite well I thought? See lots of older ones on the road still - Haven't seen a new one though admittedly

I guess no more L200's or Shoguns then and the used prices will crash with no dealer network for parts I would guess.
Shoguns were pulled a while back in any event.

There are now Shogun Sports.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,762 Posts
A statement provided by the company said: “The Colt Car Company has just learned that Mitsubishi Motors Corporation has frozen the development and introduction of new models for Europe, including the UK.
“We will continue to sell the existing range of Mitsubishi vehicles and to provide full customer support in terms of service, repair, warranty, recalls, parts and accessories. We will provide updates when we know more.”

Reactions: TMX
1 - 11 of 11 Posts