Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 xt 5speed and was driving it when it started lagging a little bit then a minute later it started throwing a check engine light... a few minutes later it starts misfiring real bad so i get to my buddy's house (5 minutes later) and the turbos BRIGHT RED and so is the down pipe.,, my friend had a computer and it showed the 4th cylinder is misfiring... how hard is it to change the plugs and wires (assuming thats what it is)

·
Registered
2004 2.5XT
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed the plugs today... yeah you need small hands i think mine have carpal tunnel now from being so cramped... such a pain the frame rail is right there and without the right tools it becomes a pain... but when all is done it runs like a champ again:woohoo:

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
changed the plugs today... yeah you need small hands i think mine have carpal tunnel now from being so cramped... such a pain the frame rail is right there and without the right tools it becomes a pain... but when all is done it runs like a champ again:woohoo:
Glad it took care of your mis-fire. You think those are bad the H-6 is even harder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts