Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Premium MT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a Sube newb... :icon_redface: I have done some homework including numerous searches here but would appreciate any thoughts.

The local dealer doesn't 'negotiate'. Is that typical? What is a reasonable OTD price for a 2010 2.5X Premium 5MT? What would be a ‘steal’?

Does Subaru ever do rebates? Any kind of seasonal discounts?

What new versions might be released in the US in 2010?

What is 'Natl'?

What do I not know enough to ask?

TIA for any help!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,120 Posts
Subaru has offered promotions in the past..discounts or lowered interest. Go to Edmunds.com. Wait here for better information.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,786 Posts
Bentonville as in Walmart? The better the location you give us, the more specific our advice can be.

There's a dealer in Maryland that posts final, no-haggle prices of its entire inventory on the Web. You might get some useful comparison pricing there.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
If you can wait a bit, the American Canoe Association has an arrangement that gets you a guaranteed deal, but you have to be a member for six months as I recall. That said, our dealer came pretty close to matching what I understood the ACA deal to be, just under invoice as found on Edmunds. I'm sure others here know more about this.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
I believe thru cars.com you can get internet quotes on the same vehicle from several dealers. When I was ready to buy, I brought quotes from my local dealer's 2 nearest competitors and put them on the salesguy's desk. Not much he could say, there were the quotes in black and white. You have to be willling to walk if they won't match it. Unless your vehicle is in short supply, chances are they won't want to lose your business. Good luck,
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2009 Forester
210 Posts
My dealer was very willing to deal with me when I bought my 2009 Forester in late 2008. Subaru also lists current offers on their website here: Subaru Special Offers

I did not pay MSRP for my '09 Forester. Some dealerships like to hold you to MSRP if they feel there is enough market demand to net them full price buyers. VW dealers often do that with their TDI diesels since supply is low and demand is high.

-Chuck

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
From a Sube newb...

Does Subaru ever do rebates? Any kind of seasonal discounts?
Just the usual impending new model year rebates or financing deals. Subaru have been doing very well these last two years so they haven't been putting up the same deals you might see from other brands.

What is 'Natl'?
IIRC, Natl refers to a car that is not a "California" vehicle, i.e. one with stricter emissions controls and maybe a few other select changes along those lines. Those with the stricter emissions are sold in quite a few other states, not just CA.

I don't know of any special questions to ask, but I would spend a lot of butt-time in the driver and passenger seats just to make sure it's going to be comfy for long trips. No one car can fit everyone "just right" so it's important to be sure the one you pick fits right for you. If you have baby seats or anything else similar that you're going to have in the car often, bring it along and try it out in the Forester.

·
Registered
2010 Premium MT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bentonville as in Walmart? The better the location you give us, the more specific our advice can be.
Yes, home of The Great Satan Of Retail. :icon_wink:

Just a quick response for now as I have work to do... but I appreciate all the responses and will follow up to all the links provided. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts