Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X 2.0L
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, hope anyone can help me...

I have a 2008 forester, that model have turning signal in both of the side mirror, well i havin problem with the right one, it doent get on, the normal turning signal (headlight-tail light) are working ok, the left mirror turning signal its working ok too...

so maybe i thinking that the bulb (or I think its a L.E.D.) has burned, what do you think guys???

also there is a way to change that bulb???

thansk a lot...

pd. sorry for my english, its not my native language :icon_redface:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,739 Posts
The best approach to something like this is to start by isolating the problem. Open things up and see if there's electricity getting there. Disconnect the connector and see if you can make the light come on by connecting it directly to a source of power. That sort of stuff. It can save you the expense and frustration of replacing something only to find that it wasn't the real problem.

I don't have a 2008 to experiment on, but removing the mirror on my very similar 2003 was a very simple matter of taking off the triangular cover on the inside and removing one nut.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,929 Posts
Dear Juan:

Don't EVER apologize for your ability to speak a second language. I wish I spoke another language as well as you speak English. Period!

As for the mirror light, I would guess that Bottomley's suggestion is the way to go. Try one thing at a time so you don;t do more than you have to.

The mirror lights are LEDS and it's hard to believe that they could "burn out" this soon. More likely a plug that came undone in the door.

Steve

·
Registered
2008 Forester X 2.0L
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the replies.... this weekend i will try to repair it, i will take picture for posting it....

thanks toysbyus too ;)

best regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts