Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have received limited quantities of Milltek Sport Catbacks and Turbobacks for the 2004-2008 Forester 2.5XTs! These systems are full 3-inch stainless steel. This means it is straight through even through the back muffler. Most of the systems out there have choke points in the system that restrict horsepower. Milltek systems do not have this issue and are not obnoxious in anyway and have little to no noise at cruising speeds, but when you step on that accelerator, the system sounds fantastic!

Many of you have never heard of Milltek, but for those of you that have, you will know that they are quality exhaust systems.

Milltek systems come with a lifetime warranty on catbacks from manufacturer defects and high-flow cats come with a 2-year warranty. This are some of the best warranty available in the industry. We have been running Milltek for over two years now on our Subarus here in the shop. So if you are local and wish to get a sample of what it sounds like on some cars. Please come on down. :)

Here is what we have available to Forester owners that are currently in stock. The ones listed are Forester specific such that the tailpipe has been extended specifically for the Forester. :) No Sedan systems here but Forester specific!

3-inch Catback System - $635

3-inch Hi-Power Catted Turboback System - $1525
This system has the high-flow cat placed further down the system to help free up more power. Putting it further down allows the turbo to flow a bit easier while still keeping emissions under the radar. Milltek uses HJS Motorsport cats and the ones used on the Subaru systems are 100-cell.

3-inch Catless Turboback System - $1025
This system is the same as the Hi-Power setup but just without the hi-flow cat.

More options are coming and we are working on more Forester products with Milltek. So stay tuned!

Prices do not include shipping and/or sales tax. If you are local and would like us to install a catback, please contact us to make an appointment.

For those who still want to make power but have a quieter sound, we also have 2.75-inch piping systems available as well. Keep in mind that you can make more power but not as much as the potential with the 3-inch system.

If you have any questions, about Milltek please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that there is a forum member that currently has the Hi-Power system on his FXT and is local to us. ;)

I am sure that when he has a bit more free time to relax, he will be able to give you all a review on it. :) I can say that he is enjoying his system.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Everyone,

We have just received our stocking shipment of Milltek Sport Exhaust systems. We are doing an introductory special on the systems that we have listed in the first thread. This sale will only be available for a few sets. If you want to get an idea of what Milltek systems sound like here are some sample audio clips. They might not be the exact model but the exhaust notes are very similar.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150657184450602

https://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150599001695602

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only a couple of sets left at the introductory pricing! Get this quality exhaust at a great price!

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only a few catbacks left in stock! These things are really quiet compared to most of the other systems out there.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for more Cat-backs and Turbobacks! New Lower price to go with our introductory sale on NASIOC.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Running low on Catback Systems get a system at this price before it goes up to normal pricing!

Gary

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,337 Posts
I have to ask for future reference but do you just sell the axleback assuming it locates in the stock location? I can not part with my TXS 4" dp and mid pipe but have been considering getting away from the RFL muffler.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to ask for future reference but do you just sell the axleback assuming it locates in the stock location? I can not part with my TXS 4" dp and mid pipe but have been considering getting away from the RFL muffler.
We have never tested the axle back to see if will mate up with other manufacturer systems. The problem is that each will have different location where they put the flange. I do not know if TurboXS even puts the end of their midpipe in the stock location.

It like why you cannot part with your turboxs downpipe and midpipe because of how they broke it up into those specific sections. I believe they designed it such that you have to use their axlebacks. Why not get rid of the entire TXS system and go with the Milltek Hi-Power System?;) I am sure you will be very happy with it. :)

I have sold a couple of these already and nobody has complained about noise. If you want to get a real idea about what it sounds like, there is a forum member on here who has it on his 2005FXT and we tuned it. It sounds good when you get on it and it is quiet when you are cruising. Forum Member originally had a Maddad system and gotten rid of it completely for this setup. He said that it is quieter and does not have any drone at cruising speeds.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is there any possibility of selling just the resonated mid-pipe? Will this work with a 2.5" axle-back?
I can sell you just the resonated midpipe but neither Milltek nor I will guarantee fitment because I have no idea of what you are going to be mating it with? Even if I did there is no way for me to know if it fits. Why would you want to go from 3-inch to 2.5inch?

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Milltek Catbacks are designed to work with stock downpipe location flanges. Milltek axlebacks and midpipes are designed to work with Milltek pieces.

I believe that for what you get, you are definitely getting what you pay for. It makes very good power, does not destroy your ears, sounds good, and fits properly.

If some of you are looking for something with small diameter, I do have some 70mm catbacks and turbobacks as well. If you wanted to know pricing on them, shoot me a PM. We have very limited stock of these pieces because most are in demand for 3-inch systems.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still have some Standard Turbo-back Systems with hi-flow catavailable. I will try to get some nicer pictures of the downpipe with the hi-flow cat, as it has a nice little heat shield on the back side of the cat to prevent heat from getting to the firewall. Nice little touches by Milltek Sport. :)

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We only have one catback available at this price! Once this is gone introductory price will be over! We will be doing a group buy on these, but not at the introductory price.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have just received another shipment of 2004-2008 FXT catback systems from Milltek.

We have done some negotiating with Milltek and will be keeping these prices to the end of the year! If you have not gotten a catback or turboback system. This is a serious one to think about! Remember, these are Forester Specific! So this means the tips come out to the edge of the bumper and they will not burn your bumper or blacken it. No need for longer hangers.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Less than a month left on the sale price for these systems. If you have a system that you cannot stand the droning to Milltek is your answer. It is quiet and does not drone inside the cabin, something important for most Forester owners. ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.