Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5 LLBEAN AT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, troops...

Newbie here...brother died and left me this ride, which I'm now thoroughly bonded to. I've put over 40K on the clock, and at 101K, it's coming up on the major work of Timing Belt and all the incidentals that are prudent to accomplish at that time.

I'd like to add a mild performance boost to the job (which will be accomplished at an OE dealer) but I'm not sure where to put the $, nor how to spec the work. AT, 205 tires, mostly small-town routine...but three to five round trips annually from the Olympic Peninsula in Washington to Southern California (Vista). I use US 395/I-15 during the months when the passes aren't covered with snow, and travel I-5/US 101 otherwise.

I'm a retired male, a conservative and careful driver...but the need for an occasional extra few HP is always present, and I'm thinking this is the time to get smart about how to enhance the tune while it's in the shop.

Any suggestions and/or comments will be gratefully acknowledged, and sincerely appreciated. Thanks for listening. I am Warren.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of your brothers passing. I can totally understand how the Forester is special to you. My father left me his '03X when he passed away many years ago. I was very close to getting rid of it, but at my son's request, I decided to keep it. After years of MODding, it's now my son's Forester & it has special meaning to him, having been his grandfather's & his dad's Forester. Last July I moved on to a new to me '07 FSXT, but the '03X is still my favorite & I suspect it always will be special to me. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts