Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emphasis on "might." Being the vulture that I am, I found some carrion. Found a 2010 XT Premium that has been sitting on a dealer's lot since late winter. It happens to be the color I like most -- Steel Silver. Dealer says they'll honor the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-in figure that comes up on MySubaru.com when I punch in my '09's VIN. Now to see how much of a discount they will give on it. MSRP is $27,190. Kbb puts invoice @ $25,553, and dealer holdback is 2% of MSRP or about $550. I was thinking of offering no higher than $25,000, since they've had it so long.

I've never driven an XT of any model year or any turbocharged Subaru for that matter. I am curious to go drive it and see what it drives like. I'm hoping it will feel substantially stronger than my 170hp 5-speed manual 2009 model. If it doesn't feel that much stronger, it really won't be worth it to trade-up.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
252 Posts
I am curious to go drive it and see what it drives like. I'm hoping it will feel substantially stronger than my 170hp 5-speed manual 2009 model. If it doesn't feel that much stronger, it really won't be worth it to trade-up.
:huh: Your kidding right...

Of course it will feel stronger.

Good colour too :biggrin:

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5XT 4EAT
234 Posts
Dont do it if you dont want an XT because once you drive the turbo you'll never go back! :biggrin: I believe I saw the post where you had the picture of the FXT you're talking about and I fully support this idea.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Ltd
697 Posts
Emphasis on "might." Being the vulture that I am, I found some carrion. Found a 2010 XT Premium that has been sitting on a dealer's lot since late winter. It happens to be the color I like most -- Steel Silver. Dealer says they'll honor the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-in figure that comes up on MySubaru.com when I punch in my '09's VIN. Now to see how much of a discount they will give on it. MSRP is $27,190. Kbb puts invoice @ $25,553, and dealer holdback is 2% of MSRP or about $550. I was thinking of offering no higher than $25,000, since they've had it so long.

I've never driven an XT of any model year or any turbocharged Subaru for that matter. I am curious to go drive it and see what it drives like. I'm hoping it will feel substantially stronger than my 170hp 5-speed manual 2009 model. If it doesn't feel that much stronger, it really won't be worth it to trade-up.
I now live up in the mountains, where the roads are very twisty, bumpy, lots of hills, and I have to say, the '09 Forester XT is very very fun to drive.

As with most turbocharged vehicles, it feels a lot quicker when it's cool outside. On a 55-65 degree night, in sport mode, it feels extremely energetic.

I have 22,000+ miles on it now, and it's been exceptionally reliable, lots of fun, and very practical. The only thing I wish it had was even more power. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Don't buy it, the last thing we need is one more gear-head on the road in an ultra powerful FXT, lol.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 x LTD
43 Posts
You dislike your 09NA that much that you're going to take a hit trading up to a '10 XT or do Subaru's not depreciate over a year or 2?

I generally like my 10 NA but driving thru the mountains I sometimes wish I had the XT. At the pump and when looking at my MPG I usually realize it's alright to slow down ;)

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Crosstrek Ltd
697 Posts
You dislike your 09NA that much that you're going to take a hit trading up to a '10 XT or do Subaru's not depreciate over a year or 2?

I generally like my 10 NA but driving thru the mountains I sometimes wish I had the XT. At the pump and when looking at my MPG I usually realize it's alright to slow down ;)
Yeah, the gas pump can be a bit pricey. I been driving 250+ miles a week, and I have a lead foot.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
If you pull the trigger, do yourself a favor and feed it the correct diet of high octane fuel - otherwise you might be disappointed in the performance aspect.

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
604 Posts
When I went to the dealer to look at a 2010 forester, I had my mind set on a base n/a model. I wanted the cheapest forester I could get. My girlfriend had even said to look at the XT model, but since it was suppose to be a work car, I just wanted to lowest payment. Drove the non-turbo model and it was very nice. Not to much faster then the matrix i was going to trade in. After driving the turbo model at the dealership just to see the difference, I left with an XT and so far have no regrets other then not using it for my intended purpose and spending $ on mods.

·
Registered
2014 FXT CVT
359 Posts
Get the XT, with one caveat. Once you taste the turbo, you can never go back. Fuel is slightly more expensive but it will most certainly put grin on your face. You will be also dangerously close to the new can of worms called modding. :biggrin:

I don't want to offend X owners or anything because I also want one for offroad right now as well, but I live in Colorado and we lose a lot of power due to altitude. Whenever I go up skiing going through Eisenhower tower @ 10k ft I'm glad I have the turbo. Even my car feels sluggish up there with 4 people and all ski gear loaded up.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,779 Posts
Looks like he didn't pull the trigger on it.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Yeah he probably came to his senses. I'm sure if he gets one we'll be the first to know.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That dealer jacked me around, and like TC2000 said I've backed off the idea. I do have some money burning a hole in my pocket though.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
122 Posts
That dealer jacked me around, and like TC2000 said I've backed off the idea. I do have some money burning a hole in my pocket though.
What happened? Did the auto transmission turn you off?
I was just going to also say "DO IT!" And your offer seem very reasonable. $2000-2500 under MSRP is common. I would think that dealer would like to get rid of that XT as the 2011's are probably being loaded on the boat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts