Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the Forester will get a mid life refresh for the my11 series.

Anyone heard the same or have any idea what's coming?

Is there anything on the Subaru stand at Geneva?

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
I'm not sure when the MY11's will be announced, but I'm waiting to hear what, if anything, will change before making a final decision on my next car.

I was hoping to hear something from Geneva, but the schedule had their press conference listed as being earlier today and I haven't seen anything so far.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
No official news yet.

I dunno about Australia but I think we recieved our freshening in America in that Special Edition package, and the HID lights on the Limited. I dunno though. I suspect (and hope) we get the CVT for 2011, but if I were to make an educated guess I wouldn't expect any huge cosmetic changes for 2011.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Rumours, rumours, rumours, no crystal balls here, you should have been around when the rumours were starting, about what the 09 was going to be like. :lol: or for that matter before the 06 refresh. Some pretty funny "I heard it....., I was told.....", we had drawings, bad photoshops etc. etc. There was only some accurate information just before the release. Relax, continue enjoying what you have and start saving so you're ready for whatever comes out, if you don't like it you'll have the money to buy something else.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Realistically, if you do see a mid-cycle cosmetic refresh that isn't just extra options, it'll likely be a tweaking of the headlights/grille/taillamps or something like that.

I don't think they actually need to do that, though, it's not like they're begging people to buy the things.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already ordered a 2010 Forester X. I'm not unhappy at all but I just hope they don't offer things like more powerful engine, direct injection, longer seat bases or Impreza style projector lights.

I'm not bothered about the CVT as I heard that the 4sp AT is better for offroad traversing. Is that true?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I don't know about a 2011 refresh on the Forester. The MY'11 Impreza looks set for a minor facelift of the front end styling that may cut across all of its models. See the Impreza XV shown at the Geneva Car Show for what that could look like.

2010 Geneva Show: Debuts EDM Impreza XV - NASIOC

If the Forester follows the same three year timing as the Impreza then we may not see any cosmetic changes to it until the 2012 model year. That seems reasonable to get the most out of the original SH tooling. That might also be a good moment to introduce a hybrid version in time for Subaru to make good on their goal to increase the CAFE fuel economy average to the mid 30 mpg range by 2013.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2012 suits me fine :)

I'm looking to keep mine for about 5 years so I'll see a facelift while I own it but I was getting nervous of getting my car then seeing a facelift a few months later.

I'm sure they'll introduce some new things for MY11. Hopefully they're not significant (for my sanity)!

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
I'm not holding out for any kind of facelift for 2011, but I am hoping to see a transmission change, although I'm not really expecting it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts