Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i originally bought this fozzy for 350 taxes in from my work (used car dealership) with a blown rod bearing and a trash filled or so i thought interior.
looked like this after a quick clean out of the "trash" in it and the engine has been pulled. i found 20 gallons of interior paint and a dewalt xrp 18 volt cordless hammer drill with 2 batts and charger buried under the garbage.

ordered a 100,000km engine from a wrecker and had it safetied and drove it for the winter. now that its spring and i found this forum i have sourced 16 inch stock forester s wheels for free, added some bridgestone potenzas, some paint to the rims, lowered it the cheap way by cutting the springs for now( i have ordered some kyb wrx wagon struts and also ordered some 3/4" impreza wagon sport springs, all for an 03 ) next is some tinted windows. a body and paint job to get rid of some surface rust that has appeared over winter. but here she was last night on a trip home from visiting grandma ( my first son is 11 months old)

any and all coments welcome

P.S since i bought this forester i dont miss my 03 impreza 2.5rs ( that i sold with the baby on the way) at all

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Wait a minute. Did you mean you bought it for $350 Canuck ducks?? And then you overhauled the thing yourself. You da man!

It looks sweet!

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it was 350 canadian but the used engine was pricy at 1200 if i had it to do again i would have gone looking for a wrecked wrx

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,836 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
ya the drill alone retails for 250 lol
And if you don't need the extra goodies, you can Ebay em and recoop some of your expenses. Or keep em and save on your next home improvement project!

Anyways, congrats on a fine job. :Banane35:

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok slight update. my foz now sits on gc wagon springs and front struts and gd wagon rear struts. this acheved the ridehight i was after with no saggy butt syndrome. i also removed the spacers and gave it a good alignment.

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
I would love to see a side shot, I have been looking for a good strut/spring combo to lower my 2001s. got any pics handy?

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok guys its spring again and i thought ill throw some more pics into this thread. motegi mr7 17" rims and 215 50 17 tires all for free after some wheeling and dealing lol.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,705 Posts
How do you like your suspension setup? im in the market for a setup.

·
Registered
03 x
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its not bad mike. i like the fact that it rides just like an impreza wagon. but i need bigger sway bars, it has too much body roll

1 - 14 of 14 Posts