Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a set of slightly used Michelin X-Ice 235/60 R16 tires. Could these be used on a 2010 Forester 2.5X?

Thanks,
Maurice

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
They are roughly dead on 3% larger OD (27.1 vs OEM 26.3)... which would give a nice ride, but muck up your speedometer a bit much.
I'm not sure which wheels you've currently got on your Forester, but you might need a little more backspacing to fit them.

I'm not saying a definite yes or no... but I'd probably say not the best idea.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are roughly dead on 3% larger OD (27.1 vs OEM 26.3)... which would give a nice ride, but muck up your speedometer a bit much.
I'm not sure which wheels you've currently got on your Forester, but you might need a little more backspacing to fit them.

I'm not saying a definite yes or no... but I'd probably say not the best idea.
Existing tires are 215/65 R16. Still think not a good idea?

Thanks

Maurice

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
They'll fit, but they are quite wide for a snow tire. For snow in general you want to go skinnier and taller.

If you already have them you might as well use them, better than not having snow tires! Just make sure they don't rub when you first put them on (they shouldn't).

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Existing tires are 215/65 R16. Still think not a good idea?

Thanks

Maurice
Ah, yeah that's fine... guess that's what I get for using the OEM size from the wrong year :facepalm:
The 09+ models have more clearance for wider tires from what I've seen so they should fit without rubbing.

Snowtires tend to run a little wider than normal all-season tires, but running a wider snow tire in the GTA isn't a big issue since we spend so much time driving on bare roads between the storms, or on ice where you want a decent sized contact patch... or studded tires but we can't have those south or Parry Sound.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They'll fit, but they are quite wide for a snow tire. For snow in general you want to go skinnier and taller.

If you already have them you might as well use them, better than not having snow tires! Just make sure they don't rub when you first put them on (they shouldn't).
Yes, I used them one year in my Kia Sportage but the Kia is now history and I hate getting rid of them if they will work (even if not as good for snow - more concerned about ice)

Thanks,
Maurice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts