Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an email about this tire technology....

(though i think the word has been out for about a year now.)

still very interesting...

8)

·
Registered
192 Posts
kevin, i'm not an offroader but i'm wondering how good it will really be for offroad driving. aren't you guys constantly adjusting air pressures for different surfaces?

·
Administrator
15,361 Posts
Yes, we do and that would be a problem. The open structure also would not lend itself to offroad work - can you imagine what would happen if the tweel filled with mud:-(

D

·
0 Posts
They would be awesome the tires would absorb what the struts and springs absorb, You would think that the ride would be very comfortable.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Kevin said:
Yes, we do and that would be a problem. The open structure also would not lend itself to offroad work - can you imagine what would happen if the tweel filled with mud:-(
You are aware that these tires are only open for demostration purposes, right? It's only to show their contruction on the inside. If they were to go into production, they'd have sidewalls and would look just like any other tire out there...

S

·
0 Posts
It is very noisy, you can forget stereo or even your hot aftermarket exhaust, at least from the report I read.

·
Registered
192 Posts
maybe they can but some sort of current sensitive material in there and power it up so the stiffness can be changed instantly by sending electricity through it.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I wonder how well they would flex with the winter's cold months and the freeze/thaw cycle..

You can also count on these guys melting your credit card

or just burning a hold in your wallet.. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts