Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both wheels and tires are in excellent condition. Tires are 225 60 17 and have a bolt pattern of 5x100. Selling for less than 1/2 price. Located in Wheaton, Illinois (west of Chicago) Pick up only. Priced to sell fast at $800 $700
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Light Tread

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
1,401 Posts
I'm not a potential buyer, just an endorser - I have virtually the same setup, bought in 2016 and now having perhaps 20,000 miles on the tires. Seattle had a week at the beginning of this month when all side streets were sheet compact ice/snow at about 32degF, and we have steep grades by the thousands everywhere around us. (the city has snow so seldom that we have equipment only to deal with arterial streets). Our Forester + XIce setup did superbly, climbing and descending even 10% (?) grades sure-footedly.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, winter tires make an amazing difference in wet, snow, and ice. Stock Subaru tires are average at best in non winter conditions and can be dangerous in winter. It sad that most people think because they have an all wheel drive car it can handle winter conditions without any issues. Cheap insurance in my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts