Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Michelin Harmony tires on a Forester (215 60 16)?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
I like Michelin tires a lot, but I'd go with something a bit more durable than a regular passenger/all-season tire for your AWD foz.

Go with a "high-performance all-season" or at least a "grand-touring all-season" if you want M+S and don't want just summer tires.

I think the regular passenger tires are "oakie doke" in wet and/or winter conditions. You're gonna get a lot more road noise, and you'd probably tear through the sidewalls if you did any kind of off-roading.

You could spend a little more, get way better tread wear and be more comfortable on most road conditions.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
The Harmony, also sold as a Destiny in Canada (exclusively through Canadian Tire) is a pretty great tire if you spend a lot of time commuting in a moderate climate. They aren't the best tire in snowy conditions, and they're pretty decent in the rain. They're rated for some high mileage driving and are great if you intend on putting those sort of miles on your car. If you don't come anywhere near that sort of distance, you'll find they might rot off the car before they're worn out.

My dad installed a set on his VW and already had one replaced under Michelin's replacement warranty because one of them developped a bulge in the sidewall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts