Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOW IN STOCK!!!

Details: Method Race Wheels Rally 15x7 +15 Matte Black

We had the chance to pick up a limited number (only 120) 15x7 Method Racing Rally wheels. We've placed our order and the wheels are on their way. If you are looking to give your Forester an aggressive rally look you won't find a better wheel option so jump on these while supplies last.

Method Racing Rally Wheel Specs:

15x7 5x100 +15mm offset
Matte Black Finish
Steel Inserted lug holes - Strength
No center cap
Subaru Hub Centric (56.1 hub bore)
Built to Subaru Rally Team Specs

Recognize these wheels? Likely so, these wheels are produced by Method Racing Wheels for the Subaru Rally Team. Driver David Higgins recently finished the last 14 miles of stage 6 at the Mt. Hood Rally on a bare wheel after he blew a tire in the first mile. Higgins reached speeds over 100mph and this is what the wheel looked like after the beating.

More info on the story here: WATCH: David Higgins In-Car and Mt. Hood Rally Recap | Method Race Wheels

To pre-order a set for your Subaru please call 1.888.459.4080.

_____
_____
_____

·
Registered
113 Posts
Brought these into work today to give em a test fit!

Looks like if I went this route with the FOZ I might be going to get the 225/70R15 General Grabber AT2's on their instead...

These were 215/70 Yokohama Geolander's that are going on my lifted OBS, just had to test the waters to see how they'd fit/look... LOOK MEAN in person.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hows the fitment with the fender? Im very interested but +15 offset has alot of poke. Im not too keen on destroing my fenders with gravel.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the newest generation Forester a 17x7 with a +15mm offset will stick out about 1/4" (as shown above). Some extended mud flaps or fender flares would help keep gravel and road debris off of your car.

If you are wanting you wheels to be tucked within the stock fenders you'll want a wheel with a higher offset.

·
Registered
113 Posts
These are incredible. With a 1" lift and 225/70 it would be perfect... makes me think about swapping what I got right now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No need for any lift on the 225/70 AT2!!! Same OD as the 215/70!!! (.2") difference... can't wait to get mine on... As far as the "poke" it looks more in the pic then it really is because the wheel is slightly turned out... its really minor, with my RA flaps, it should protect the side body great.. these are awesome wheels!! So excited to get em on both of my subies! (currently getting my OBS ready to install hopefully this weekend!)

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you get these in Rally Specs? 15X7 with a 5X114 for STI drivetrain.

No info on the Discount tire site.

Need a good wheel for my Stage Rally Build.

Or I could put a Fat Discount Tire decal on my Car somewhere if you cut me a better deal !!!!

https://www.facebook.com/devilbatracing?ref=br_tf

Rob Sackyta
The only dedicated rally wheel we currently offer is the 15x7 +15 5-100 model noted in the OP. PM Sent.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do these 15x7s fit over the red '06 wrx brakes?

I really could use a dedicated wheel for in the woods.

Thanks!
This rally model has a lot of caliper clearance but I can't say for sure whether or not it will clear the 06 WRX brakes. PM coming your way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mounted - 215/70R15 Yoko Geolander AT/S's - 11FXT

Just was playing around and took my set for my 99OBS and put em on the FOZ.. This is 100% stock height and in my opinion were really hard to take off. Especially when the lady saw them!!! If I am going this route for her, which I am for sure now after seeing these, these wheels are getting the 225/70R15 AT2's or the Geolanders. The Geolanders are growing on me. Let me know what you guys think! Should I get em for her??

1 - 20 of 218 Posts