Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Great news and i cant stop telling people.

I'm a dad! Baby boy - Michael.

Julie had a c-section on Thursday morn.
2.855kg / 6lb4oz.
49cm.

His FXT MY2024 will be on order Monday morning!! Hahahaha

Justin.

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Congrats to you and mum and your new son - excellent news !!!!!!

All the best. Wonderful news. Made my day.:wiggle:

H

·
0 Posts
All the very best in the whole world for your wonderful family Justin!!!!
I have three sons and I remember every one of their births (all c-sections co-incidentally) - they are still the most special days in my life.....

Congratulations to the THREE of you mate...............

Regards
Ron...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's,
Mother and baby doing well.
I should have them home on Tuesday - then 3 weeks off work. Brilliant.
A great time to bond.

Justin.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats Justin, Julie and Michael!!!

Having had a baby girl (Jemma), almost 9 months ago now, I know how you feel!

They are a lot of work, but well worth it!

X

·
0 Posts
Congrats

Congrat on the new baby.

We had a new baby 5 months ago exactly the same weight - 2.85kg
She's approaching 6 months now and I'm looking forward to turning her baby seat around so that the passenger seat can go fully back once again...

I had 3 weeks off too and boy does the time fly - enjoy the bonding and the lack of sleep !

Paul
MY04 FXT

·
Registered
70 Posts
Read the Car seat instructions!!

I hope you have read the instructions for the child seat back to front, particularly how to take the cover off and on in the event it needs cleaning!! :)

We had a bit of a scare yesterday.... as driving along up to Grandmas house, Jemma was a bit grizzly (unusual in itself, as she normally loves driving in the car with the sunroof slide back (not roof open)!!

Next thing we knew, she went purple in the face and had what I reckon was close to a world record projectile vomit. Lets just say that Jemma and the seat was soaked and stank! We just happened to be driving up the highway past Royal North Shore...and after a quick U-turn, I gave the Forester a bootful all the way to the Emergency ward. Probably not totally as per the break-in instructions....but our Jemma comes before Subarus instructions!!

Having spent 3 hours waiting for a doctor (she seemed to have settled, although very quiet and a little pale), they said it could have been this or that and to keep an eye on her!

It know looks like it is a case of gastro, and Mum and Jemma are at the Drs now for a checkup.

Bottom line is Jemma seems OK now (the most important part of all this!), I got to check how the Forester goes giving it a bootful (the engine has definetly loosened up and has plenty of get up and go!) and have got some good practice in removing the car seat, washing the covers and refitting it all again (those elastic ties used to hold the cover on, can be a right PITA!).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everyone,

Great advice on the seat Griffo, glad to hear everything ok with Jemma. As always in time of need, forget the manufacturers guidelines and get to 'Point B' ASAP.

The bonding is just about to start. He was really sleepy due to some jaundice, but waking up alot more now.

He loved the ride home in the car. Each time, just as the turbo kicked in, he broke out in a smile, must be just the right spot in the rev range for him. I've asked Jules to take a pic next time we're out and about. I'd love to see it, and she cant drive yet for another 4 weeks.

Justin.

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
Griffo - Peaty has a few posts somewhere about the seat covers he's using. I imagine you can pick up something similar in the southern hemisphere. It's sort of a big washable blanket which will catch everything that would muck up the interior thanks to your backseat passengers (works for intoxicated adults too, I would imagine)

Melbfxt - Congrats!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts