Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... my first forester, Scooby(the 03 pacifica blue pearlin the pic attached) broke its leg last week, by shooting the drivers side rear strut tower into the passenger compartment due to massive amounts of rust (probably accelerated by the overly stiff and low coilovers that were on it....LOL)

Anywhoo.... had to find something quick and cheap, and reached out to the Rochester NY subaru group i am a member of, and someone offered up another 03, XS to me for $260... needed a wheel bearing and a lateral link bolt due to the bolt being broken and rusted solid when he tried to repair the wheel bearing...so, meet Scooby "Deux"!!!!

Just got the wheel bearing and lateral link bolt fixed today... still needs some work, as the stereo is gone, and im missing the plug(someone thought it would be good to just hack it off when they removed another aftermarket radio...) and i need to transfer some things over from the blue one... and fix the fog lights that someone botched the wiring on....LOL the joys of a bargain car eh?

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,254 Posts
Love your enthusiasm and ability to get it done.

Reactions: bogieboy

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@SuperRu Thanks, i have a bunch of crap going on in my life right now, that i caused.... so i guess i have always been a car guy, and its keeping me sane so far? LOL i need something to keep me positive at the moment....

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today netted a trip to the local pick and pull for a set of door speakers, as well as a pair of rear caliper brackets that the slides arent totally shot on... also grabbed the pads that were in em too, still had almost the whole chamfer on em and mine are down pretty far already... cant argue with $2 a pad... so a full set of newish pads for $8...

Also got the important stuff done today...LOL previous owner needed to put the wire cutters down and step a way when it came to car audio... hence the speakers... also had to rewire the whole stereo plug just to make it work, since that got hacked off....not sure why since an adapter harness is $5 or less off ebay... whatever... wired it up, as well as the new front door speakers, and plugged the factory 6 disc/tape deck in for now until i swap the 7" touchscreen dvd outta the blue foz...

Aaaand the most important stuff... LOL swapped over the whole exhaust from the blue one several nights ago... UEL, stock cats, custom built (by me) 2.5" N1 axle back... and today i got the local subie club stickers on, Empire State subarus and Rochester Subaru group... still need the Rochester Wagon Mafia one though.... but hey.... Scoob Deux is getting there... gotta find some better rear tires though... ones bald on the outside lip, the others not a great deal better.... and need to eyeball an alignment....LOL so many projects.... so little time....

·
Premium Member
2004 forester sti
2,194 Posts
@SuperRu Thanks, i have a bunch of crap going on in my life right now, that i caused.... so i guess i have always been a car guy, and its keeping me sane so far? LOL i need something to keep me positive at the moment....
When things go wrong in life I find modify , modify, modify, its a brilliant feeling even if its transient.
But since most of the things that go wrong in my life occur through modifying , its a constant cycle of feeling good .:grin2:

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When things go wrong in life I find modify , modify, modify is a brilliant feeling even if its transient.

But since most of the things that go wrong in my life occur through modifying , its a constant cycle of feeling good .:grin2:
LOL well... this particular instance wasnt due to modifying... but i know what you mean....

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
few updates... installed a trailer hitch yesterday, fairly straight forward.... couldnt figure out what they want you to do with the evap cannister though, so it got bungee'd to the hitch...LOL joys of buying a $25 hitch from a pick and pull...

also painted up the stock rims in anticipation of a friend mounting up a set of geolandar g055s, but he is draging his feet on mounting (cant get access to the tire machine at his buddies shop...LOL so all you get right now is the gunmetal wheels....LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
03 forester 2.5xs 4 eat
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally got the tires mounted, and ordered a set of rear struts since the drivers rear is toast, and the pass rear isnt much better....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts