Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 forester XT AT VF43
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a new '06 XT. Can anyone recommend a good mechanic near the south bay (L.A. Cali). I know the where the dealers are but also looking at alternatives as well.

thanks in advance,

Deparko

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
1. Don't EVER go to a DEALERSHIP for service unless it is warranty service.
2. Check out the thread by another new member in the General Forum. He lives in L.A., and we've recommended shops for him.
3. Check out www.itnrally.org for fun and interesting drives.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for a mechanic on the westside. The dealership left Santa Monica and I don't feel like going to the valley if I can avoid it. Any options?

Thank you,
-b

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
660 Posts
Any updates? New suggestions?

·
Registered
2015 Forester Limited 2.5i CVT
19 Posts
I have a new Forester now so I'll be going to the dealer for maintenance, but for my '98 truck I'll continue going to the same guy I've been going to for almost 20 years. Charlie Chae at Charlie's Auto Center in Gardena. Formerly 'Crown Automotive Center'. He updated the name after moving down the street from his old location.
He's always done good work for me and has a number of mechanics that have been there 10+ years with him.
He's never over charged me.
He's friendly, and he explains the work that's been done and shows you any parts that were causing problems and were replaced.
They aren't always the fastest place, but that's because they're always busy or people like me have a hard time explaining what the problem is, so they have to spend time finding it.
If you just go in for an oil change, don't expect Jiffy Lube speed. That's what Jiffy Lube is for.

New Yelp page: Charlie's Auto Center - Gardena, CA | Yelp
Old Yelp page: Crown Automotive Center - MOVED - Gardena, CA | Yelp

Cars they've worked on for me:
'98 Dodge Dakota truck
'95 Honda Del Sol
'97 Chevy Astro Van
'00 Chevy Astro Van
'86 VW GTi
'87 Hyundai Excel
'00 Subaru Outback
'97 Dodge Ram truck
'87 Suzuki Samurai