Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have we all made it back here yet? How is everyone doing? I have been out of touch for a while and was wondering if anyone has done anything more to their cars since the last big dyno day that Maestro and GTP and all others attended.

Not much done on mine other than wierd rattles coming from I believe the rear sway bar and a little binding on the front right co. i think I need to check the preload of the springs again. i may not have tighened the perches down enough or something. Can't wait to get my wheels on the car though. It just looks so...well stock with out them!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,152 Posts
I'm here from Columbia. Haven't seen neighbors Aleksey or Mr. Pants Bulge yet.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,152 Posts
I see that Aleksey is back, though he hasn't checked in at this thread yet.

Now we have to find Mr. Pants Bulge, another Russian, who lives just a few miles east of me and west of Aleksey. He's a high school student, and I think I know which school he goes to. I'd considered trolling the parking lot there looking for his black, second generation Forester, so I could leave a message for him about the new site. But in today's world of pedophilia and dirty old men, I'd hate to have to explain to the authorities that I was trolling the high school parking lot looking for Mr. Pants Bulge.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,152 Posts
atber8000 said:
Hey I am new here in Bel Air, MD for 6 months. I am doing a engineering co-op term.
Welcome! This is a great site with nice people.

What happens of an engineering nature in Bel Air? I've lived in MD for over 35 years, but Bel Air is still just a name on the I-95 exit signs to me.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
bbottomley said:
But in today's world of pedophilia and dirty old men, I'd hate to have to explain to the authorities that I was trolling the high school parking lot looking for Mr. Pants Bulge.
:lol:
You're not talking about My00Forester, are you? I'm talking about this guy. I'm sure I saw him here already.

I'll call George tomorrow to see if he knows about the new address. He, in turn will bring MAESTRO and GroceryGetter.

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just sent George and Marco an email. We will see what happens.

My wife used to live up in Bel Air. We used to go up there all the time. People just used to look at my car all drop jawed and what not. I do not think any of them even knew what it was really. We do not get out that far any more as her mom has moved to Baltimore.

·
Registered
859 Posts
No love for me? :)

I'm still around. I'll be swapping out the green for an SBR 20G. Too much boost creep from the green and I'm not going external.

Alky injection is in. Another protune Feb 11.

Frank

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Who is doing your protune?

How is the wife taking to all the mods on the family wagn Frank?

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tell ya, we will have to relearn everyone all over again! Everyone keeps changing their names.

·
Registered
859 Posts
DAMWAGN said:
Who is doing your protune?

How is the wife taking to all the mods on the family wagn Frank?
Riftswrx, the same guy who did it the first time. I was satisfied with the first one, but can't stop the creep. You've BTDT with the VF39 if I remember right. I'm not bothering porting the green as it's still hit or miss to fix the problem, and I don't want to have to pull the turbo again.

What the wife doesn't know, won't hurt her. :) I usually get a brief "what the hell are you doing to the car now". She wouldn't know a turbo from an air conditioner, so I don't bother explaining.

Frank

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
fmowry said:
What the wife doesn't know, won't hurt her. :) I usually get a brief "what the hell are you doing to the car now". She wouldn't know a turbo from an air conditioner, so I don't bother explaining.
Frank
I wish that was the case w/ my wife...she is smart enough to comprehend it costing a lot.

I will be throwing on all this hopefully next week:

-Front and rear cross-drilled and slotted RacingBrake rotors
-Front and rear EBC red pads
-Front and rear SS Goodridge lines
-Motul RBF600 fluid
-FSTi springs

Still need to get the '02-'03 STi OEM hoodscoop painted before throwing it on.

Frank, when are you doing this tune...weekend probably, correct?

·
Registered
859 Posts
My wife knows it costs a lot, but I make a lot more than she does, so she really can't argue with it. She gets to buy crap for the house, I get to buy crap for my car.

I'll be getting the re-tune Feb 11. 10 am.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I'm sure you know Jorge has a lot of experience with the SBR 20G so you should be in good hands. What are you doing with the green? Selling it?

fmowry said:
Riftswrx, the same guy who did it the first time. I was satisfied with the first one, but can't stop the creep. You've BTDT with the VF39 if I remember right. I'm not bothering porting the green as it's still hit or miss to fix the problem, and I don't want to have to pull the turbo again.

Frank

·
Aspiring Post Ho
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is pretty cool. I usually have to provide lecture time. Normally this is after the fact mind you but Lisa definately knows what a turbo looks like as well as a cracked one!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts