Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My story started when my wife and I agreed to find a car for her to drive with a baby on the way. I wanted something with AWD and she wanted something to be able to hold baby stuff in the back. Our first choice was an Acura MDX or a Honda Pilot, but they were a bit on the pricey side. Plus, we lived in an condo with street parking so trying to find parking with a larger vehicle would have sucked. I, myself, owned an 05 Xterra Off Road which I had to park at the inlaws because of the parking situation. I was trying to convince her into a Legacy GT wagon, but she said Forester. Not my first choice, but ok. We found an 04 JBP FXT with 20k from a grad student at Yale back in June 2007. Found this site, and the long dark road started from there.

After driving the 04 for awhile and reading this forum, I began to get the itch. I wanted my own fun ride and I wasn't allowed to touch my wife's FXT. What to do? I began to find things wrong with my Xterra and trying to justify getting my own Suby. Around August 2007, my parents wanted to get a new car so they asked me and I said I would take them to shop around. Being biased, I took them to Stamford Subaru. Upon walking the lot, I saw her…an 07 OBP FSXT (MT) sitting in the corner of the lot which I ended up buying.

I traded in my Xterra for the FSXT and traded in her FXT a year later. Baby stuff takes up a lot more room than we anticipated so we ended up getting the Pilot for her.

But this story isn't about the Pilot, or the 04FXT, it's about my 07 FSXT . . .

First things first was tint. 35% tint and a clear bra (front and rear) as well as an alarm. All done within the first week.

i started small with a Momo shift knob and SPT battery brace and SPT oil cap.Did a navi install with a Kenwood DNX7100 with Bluetooth module and iPod hookup and a rearview mirror with Homelink and a compass from an 07 WRX.

September 2007, I bought my real mod. STi wheels from an 08 FSXT.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
February 2008, I went a little crazy:

Installed by Precision Tuning in NJ:
  • Red 4/2 pot calipers and WRX rotors from an 07 WRX Limited
  • Hawk pads
  • Stoptech S/S lines
  • Motul brake fluid
  • 07 STi master brake cylinder
  • Swift springs w/ OEM struts

Installed by yours truly:
  • 02/03 STi hood scoop
  • 08 FSXT taillights
  • Rally Armor mudflaps
  • 07 STi axleback (OEM midpipe) with Kartboy extended exhaust hangers
  • Rear 20mm sway bar from an 07 STi
  • Kartboy rear endlinks

March 2008, my third set of wheels went on. 17" Enkei RPF-1 wheels.

June 2008, installed the RavSpec carbon fiber V-Limited front lip. However, I recently removed it because the NYC roads were killing it.

July 2008, installed GarageXTI hood struts.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
August 2008, I installed Subtle Solutions alternator and radiator shrouds:

Cobb SF intake with Samco airbox hose

Also in August 2008 (5600 miles), I went Stage 2. sleeperxt helped me install:
  • Cobb catted downpipe
  • SPT turbo heat shield
  • STi TMIC
  • Process West splitter

October 2008, I upgraded my 17" Enkei RPF1s to 18" Enkei RPF1s with 245/45-18 rubber.

April 2009, I installed a PLX gauge with boost and AFR modules into a Subygal 52mm pod.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 5MT
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
May 2009, I installed WRX Limited leather front and rear seats. I swapped all the airbags and sensors in the front. The rears took a little while since it hadn't been done before, but in the end I prevailed.

September 2009, I painted the dash black and installed Subtle Solutions black overlays for the A/C knobs. In October, I installed a JDM red hazard button.

Also, I installed my fifth set of wheels along with Ichiba 5mm spacers w/ extended lugs. Wheels are refinished 04 BBS STi wheels w/ 225/50-17 tires.

November 2009 (11k miles), sleeperxt helped me yet again. I don't have too many pics because I didn't want to handle the camera with my dirty hands. I'll try to take some in the next day or two. But, here's what was installed:
  • PnP'd VF43
  • Grimmspeed PnP and coated STi exhaust manifold
  • Grimmspeed gaskets
  • Cobb SF airbox
  • Samco upper and lower radiator hoses
  • Walbro fuel pump

Received and installed the Subtle Solutions carbon fiber exhaust shield.

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
engine bay shot with new cobb air box and Samco rad hose, please! Oh and leave the Makita shop flash light out of this one! :biggrin:

·
Registered
06 forester xt 07 sti 6 speed
3,873 Posts
Pics look great! I am going to try and stop by on Friday if at all possible. If not, then it will be next Monday.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts