Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
picked up my forester on 5/1 and could not be happier.

Mods so far

INTERIOR
all interior trim painted matte black
pioneer z110bt navigation
custom OEM looking ipod connection through center console
various "rattle stopping" adjustments
LED map and interior lights

EXTERIOR
sport mesh grill
front lip under spoiler
DDM HID kit in headlights
black out fog surrounds
cleared and blacked headlights
blacked rota torque 17x7.5 +48
blacked out stock brake calipers
2008+ SPT wrx sedan exhaust
JDM forester grill emblem

SUSPENSION[/B]
Cobb 25mm front sway for 2008+sti
2009 STI 18mm rear sway bar and endlinks

a little photo gallery

how she looks now

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of paint did you use on the wheels? Can we see a bigger picture of the whole thing with the painted wheels? Sorry, but the avitar is pretty small and hard to get a good visual.
here is a bigger photo after the wheels where finished

and a fun contrast photo when i was half done

this is the paint i used on the wheels, interior trim, and center of the grill

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice job...especially on the interior...that looks great! How durable is that paint on the interior plastic? Is it prone to chipping/wear at all?
this paint is amazing, i purchased in at a local store ironically called "the paint store" they sell supplies and paint to all the local body shops(which there are TONS of here in orange county) so you can buy professional grade paint in a rattle can.

that being said the paint takes a beating and doesn't chip/wear at all. it was on my outback's rims all winter and still looks like it did the day i painted it.

·
tag team uSerZ
2005 Legacy GTW
379 Posts
No matter how high temp the paint is, it will STINK like paint as long as the paint is on the muffler and piping...been there done that. It also flakes at the welds and spreads.

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

-Scott-

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
36,628 Posts
also on my to do list. i need to go pick up some of the high temp flat black paint then im going to just lay underneath and paint it on the vehicle(uses newspaper to mask everything off)
I recommend Rust-Oleum, 7778830, Bar-B-Q Black paint. It has little if any smell, goes on easily & is rated to 1200*. Use the regular & not the Ultra. The Ultra isn't as "flat" as the regular. The prep is easy, I just wipe off the loose stuff & paint. The overspray will blend in, so I only mask where I have to & just use a paper grocery bag as a quick overspray mask. I've never had any issues with this paint flaking off. This paint is also great on brake parts, if you want them black. You can see my write up here. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 20 of 144 Posts