Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i went to mastro subaru in tampa, FL. i went to get the fuel valve recall thing done. I got there, and it was a pleasant atmosphere with big TV, coffee, even free wifi in the waiting room. they took prolly 30 minutes with my forester. :biggrin:

in my forester i have a single subwoofer and amp in the back. well after i got my car back i found out they needed to move all of that. i had the rear seat folded down and there were grease stains all over the back of the seat. then i saw the styrofoam floor with the popup latches were all crooked and gaps between the floor compartments. they didnt even bother moving the 4 gauge wires or RCAs. the wires were smashed in between the styrofoam compartments. :shake:

So, i disconnected the battery so i can disconnect the amp so i could fix the problem (3 so's, 1 sentence). when i was taking the rear seat cusion out where the wires were, i found a small broken light bulb on the seat. now i am saying ***. i looked around to see if it came from my car, but i didnt find anything. Even if it wasnt broken out of my car, someone could sit on it and cut open a second ******* (lol). Maybe i should of left it until someone did cut their *** open and file a lawsuit.:mob: :icon_mad: :yell:

Its an 45 minute drive to get there just to make it worse.:shake:

·
Registered
2008 Forester X Auto
191 Posts
I had a less than stellar experience at my Subaru dealer too when it was time for the fuel valve recall. Got out to the car and, just like yours, big greasy stains on the back of the seat (which I had also folded down).

Then, when I got home, I found they actually didn't remove the fasteners for the storage bin behind the rear seat. Instead, they ripped it right out! The next day I went back and they said they would pull one out of a used car for me. A week later I followed up with the service manager and he tells me all the vehicles they checked were broken too! I guess it's standard practice.

In the end they bought me a new storage bin but it was a total hassle and waste of my time. And from what the service manager said, I would probably never encounter a situation (a combination of long steep grades, extended high rpms and low fuel level) that the recall was for. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
so today i went to mastro subaru in tampa, FL. i went to get the fuel valve recall thing done. I got there, and it was a pleasant atmosphere with big TV, coffee, even free wifi in the waiting room. they took prolly 30 minutes with my forester. :biggrin:

in my forester i have a single subwoofer and amp in the back. well after i got my car back i found out they needed to move all of that. i had the rear seat folded down and there were grease stains all over the back of the seat. then i saw the styrofoam floor with the popup latches were all crooked and gaps between the floor compartments. they didnt even bother moving the 4 gauge wires or RCAs. the wires were smashed in between the styrofoam compartments. :shake:

So, i disconnected the battery so i can disconnect the amp so i could fix the problem (3 so's, 1 sentence). when i was taking the rear seat cusion out where the wires were, i found a small broken light bulb on the seat. now i am saying ***. i looked around to see if it came from my car, but i didnt find anything. Even if it wasnt broken out of my car, someone could sit on it and cut open a second ******* (lol). Maybe i should of left it until someone did cut their *** open and file a lawsuit.:mob: :icon_mad: :yell:

Its an 45 minute drive to get there just to make it worse.:shake:
Wow, I've never had a bad experience with Mastro before... aside from their tech losing one of the clips for my engine cover, which is still secure even without it.
Did you check things over before you left the dealership?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts