Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my 2004 Subaru Forester XT.

I have upgraded it with some STi parts and some other named parts too.

Mods:
2004 STi Gauge cluster.
2004 STi ECU, IC, Up pipe, Recirculating Ram Dump Valve, E-brake.
2004 STi BBS wheels in JBP and in silver.
2005 STi steering wheel.
2004 STi steering rack with white line bushings.
2004 WRX seats.
Gold Bremebo's Front and Rear.
Sloted Brembo rotors.
SS Brake lines, Supper Blue brake fluid.
K&N air filter.
Turbo: FP68 HTA.
Gimmick Motorsport Turbo Inlet.
Invidia Catless Down-Pipe (Bellmouth).
Deatsch Werks Side-Feed 740cc injectors.
Perrin Lightweight Crank Pully.
2004 STi intake manifold.
Perrin F&R sway bars and F&R endlinks.
AGX Adjustable 02-03 Struts.
06 STi springs.
Saggy butt spacers.
06 STi tophats.
Cosco front tower bar.
TiC Scooby921 Strut Spacers.
NGK Iridium One Step Colder Spark Plugs.

I got the car tuned at EFI:

On the Dyno:

This is my winter setup:

Interior, still need a new one with the gauges installed:

Funny pic when I was putting on the Brembo's I didn't have the the front bolts so it sat like this for a day:

Thanks for looking I hope to be adding just a little bit more but for now I am vary happy with the car.

-Mark

Update: New Exhaust

New Update:
Bad picture with my cell phone but my new part.

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
944 Posts
sweet, I have an 04 Java Black Pearl with Gold BBS too...

How do you like the 68HTA? Was looking to upgrade from a VF22 to it..how bad did the stock airbox and STI TMIC hold you back you think?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,830 Posts
Very nice! Always good to see another member starting their own Member Journal. :cool:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet, I have an 04 Java Black Pearl with Gold BBS too...

How do you like the 68HTA? Was looking to upgrade from a VF22 to it..how bad did the stock airbox and STI TMIC hold you back you think?
The golds BBS are my winter wheels I just painted them. My summers are JBP BBS.

I love the 68HTA it's a nice improvement over the VF39 I had. Yeah the stock airbox dose have a k&n filter but I guess that if I had an intake I would get 5-7 more HP, and with the STi TMIC I'm getting heat souk so when the time comes for me to replace my clutch I'm going to put in a bigger TMIC with intake and then get it retuned to see how much that helped.

At this time I can't get any more power out of the car b/c my clutch will not hold it. I only put it in a year ago so I don't want to replace it until I have to.

·
Registered
2011 LGT
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a little update!!!

last night I installed a 3" HIGH PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEL CATBACK EXHAUST now its for the Impreza but I could not beet the price...

Let me tell you that adding the 3" midpipe gave the car a little more push. With the roads being a little wet last night it was hard to keep the tires from slipping...

I'll get some pic up later.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
Nice!

What's the front plate? Does CT require a "real" plate up front?

I'm thinking we need to organize a New England Forester meet this spring...
CT has a law requiring a front plate to be on the vehicle. There aren't many towns that strictly enforce it however, I ran without one on a few of my cars over a long period and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
got any sound clips. i hate my wbr since it drones an insane amount at highway speeds.
Well that's not good. I picked up a WBR single tip for my swap since it had the huge resonator and seemed to be regarded as a quiet option by people on this site.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
Well that's not good. I picked up a WBR single tip for my swap since it had the huge resonator and seemed to be regarded as a quiet option by people on this site.
if it is the same one as I have it isn't. I am always cruising the nasioc FS stuff for a used borla hushback to replace it with

1 - 20 of 27 Posts