Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen posts about how to manually cycle the ABS pump using the "check connector" and the "diagnosis terminals" on the WRX, but the connector is different on our cars. They talk about an eight pin black connector, but the check connector on my car is a 14 pin gray one that's mounted just to the passenger side of the OBD-II connector on the back of the plastic panel.

I know this can be done with SSM, but since I don't have one I'm really hoping that someone knows the magic combination of pin grounding and other actions that will make the ABS pump run. I had a brake line burst and while I was waiting for lines the master cylinder went dry. I ended up doing a bench bleed, but now I'm concerned about getting the air out of the ABS lines, and I don't like the idea of just driving and braking hard to make the ABS fire.

Any help would be wonderful!

Here are the closest diagrams that I can find related to the system, connector B79 is the check connector, and there are two diagnostic ground leads attached that are referenced as B81. There are more wires coming out of B79, they're just no represented in this diagram. Sorry that they're so oversized, when I shrunk them down they got much harder to read.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,294 Posts
Would it be OK to also have this question in the Electrical section?
Someone following that section might know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts