Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
personally, i think the Auto S/tb is alright. Sure if I wasnt married to some one who only has an auto license :crazy: i'd have a manual. But i'm perfectly happy with the auto.

Just be aware the earlier autos cant be remapped, but there still good for over 250bhp! :biggrin:

·
Registered
99 stb
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally, i think the Auto S/tb is alright. Sure if I wasnt married to some one who only has an auto license :crazy: i'd have a manual. But i'm perfectly happy with the auto.

Just be aware the earlier autos cant be remapped, but there still good for over 250bhp! :biggrin:
is there any difference in power to the manual?

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
the power at the engine is the same, however Auto gear box will rob more power, as well as more petrol. But just factor in a HDI SBC into your budget and this will help on both counts, with supporting mods of course!

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
is there any difference in power to the manual?
As far as I know the basic engine power is the same, around 240bhp , manual or auto. Apparently the torque converter and workings of the autobox use some of the bhp (don't know how much !!) before it hits the wheels, the manual looses less. However the auto box is bullet proof and you don't have to get a new clutch every few miles.

Cheers

Brian

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
YES, auto vs. manual debate!

Auto car will be more front-heavy and generally heavier. Also the AWD system in an auto car is different, more FWD-bias. Auto turbo car will hold boost better since you don't need to let off the gas to shift.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts