Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.. anyways, I did a manual transmission swap in my 99 Fozzy L. The swap went great and I didn't have any trouble up until trying to start it. The engine runs but The clutch doesn't disengage when you press the pedal down. I've bled the entire hydraulic system multiple times and multiple ways and it's gotten me nowhere. My slave cylinder pushes the shift fork but it seems like it doesn't go far enough to let it fully disengage. The slave, master, and clutch are brand new. It's a stage 2 clutchmasters clutch (cheap eBay stuff, I know) and the flywheel came from the 2001 that I got the transmission out of. Please help guys. I've been trying to figure this out for so long. I've read countless threads on here and other Subaru forums and I'm not finding the source of my problem. I'm really hoping to avoid tearing it all apart again. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Forester stb 5 speed manual
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry that I cannot be any help with your issue. There seems to be a decline in the number of people with this sort of knowledge still using the forum.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Automatic
2 Posts
@Lucky Mason did you forget to put the throw-out bearing in? if the slave cylinder is fully extending, its probably improper throw-out bearing installation, but that means you will have to tear it down. Sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts