Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for either an SG (post-facelift) or SH Forester.

Must be:
  • less than $10k
  • less than 150k kms
  • Manual
  • Good condition and seller willing to get roadworthy

Some off-roading mods a bonus.
Cheers!

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Plant Tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few pop up on Carsales occasionally. Have also had a few come through from a Facebook post. They're uncommon, but not that rare.

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
25 Posts
Took me 3 years of searching for a low mileage manual SH here in the US, but I gather manuals are more plentiful there. Good luck in your search!

·
Administrator
17,885 Posts
Some off-roading mods a bonus.
would prefer a low range
If you are interested in off-roading then the 4EAT auto is better for slow rock crawling etc as the low range only reduces by about 20% so lots of burnt clutches in the tough stuff; there's a discussion here: Offroad Auto Vs Manual. But - your choice of course and I took a lot of convincing before I went from manual to auto ;)
BTW you can add the lockup switch to the auto which is very useful: 4WD On Demand From 4EAT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Kevin I really don't think I could I could handle driving a 4 speed auto on long highway trips. The car will only spend about 15% of its life offroad anyway by my estimates. Shifting gears is half the fun of driving, too.

Appreciate you passing it on though!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,338 Posts
Reactions: Dunt

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Forester XT
11 Posts
Seems like a pretty solid pick up for that price point! 2008 brings you into the newer series as well. Paint and Interior look in good nick too! Definitely worth going to check this one out

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,610 Posts
Wow I did not know that you could get an 2008 SH. In NA they were only introduced for the 2009 model year. I like that it comes with the sports grille. I may have to find one for my 2011. I like the look.
Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
'06 XS Manual
55 Posts
What's your general search area? I'll flick a link here if I stumble on anything on FB, Gumtree etc.
I'm onto my second FG N/A manual Foz.... Current one is an '06 XS, previous one was an '02 X. They are a great little car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's your general search area? I'll flick a link here if I stumble on anything on FB, Gumtree etc.
I'm onto my second FG N/A manual Foz.... Current one is an '06 XS, previous one was an '02 X. They are a great little car.
Really appreciate you doing that for me mate. Massively appreciated.
Anywhere in Victoria (Melbourne especially) would be best, but honestly for a good example I’d happily get it put on the back of a truck from neighbouring states too.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
1,610 Posts
I forgot. In Australia if memory serves from another discussion, the model year on the registration is based upon the selling date, so that an 09 becomes a 2008 model if bought in Sept 2008. Is that correct, and the reason why someone would list an 09 SH as a 2008 Forester?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts