Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have finalized and tested the final setup for you SG chassis owners. We have gone ahead and put them into production as we have found a really great setup for the car. I did not get a chance to grab some images as we were just really busy and excited to be able to finally wrap this project up.

However, we do have one member on here who is local to us and is running the prototypes on his car right now. I am sure he is enjoying the ride and handling compared to what he had before. :) If you are local and wish to get a ride in his car I am sure he would be willing to help us out a bit in getting some locals a ride in his car, which is also running the Hi-Power Milltek Turboback as well. ;)

Specifications for SG Chassis owners:
- Uses your existing top mounts can be upgraded to the STI Group-N mounts.
- Spring Rates are 6kg front and 4kg rear by Swift Springs to our specifications
- 12 points of dampening adjustment, just like our SH setup
- Includes Adjustment knobs and too kit for adjusting spring collars
- We can go a touch firmer or softer depending on what you would like, but we have set our recommendations mentioned above. :)

We pretty much followed all the same principles as our SH Coilover kit. So it will be a great kit and I know for those who do purchase them will be very happy with it.

Price - 2499USD. We are taking Pre-Orders for them now and I have asked for these to be expedited at the factory so that we can get them out with minimal wait time. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can I run it at stock height or higher?
We did not design it to run at the stock height but a touch lower. These are not meant for off-roading, but primarily for a fast road/street setup. So if you do max these out, you will still be a lower than stock. It will be very similar to our SH coilover setup in terms of drop.

Gary

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
Want! Got an ETA on the SG kit?

I want to replace my Koni+Swift FXT set.

As an aside, what other can you provide on the SG kit? e.g. spring rates, shock dyno curves, etc?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Want! Got an ETA on the SG kit?

I want to replace my Koni+Swift FXT set.

As an aside, what other can you provide on the SG kit? e.g. spring rates, shock dyno curves, etc?
We are aiming for the beginning of Jan, first week. Our pallet was supposed to leave our freight forwarder from Europe this past weekend but got delayed because of the holiday.

We will never give out curves or any details on the inside as we have already had people try to copy our Type-25 setup and our Competition kits that we have done. Yes, we can install our adjustable camber plates and with that, you can choose to run stiffer if you want as it will be switched over to a standard coilover spring. Our camber plates are 10mm thick versus the common 6mm.

As far as other options, we can go 7kg front and 5kg rear should you desire a bit more stiffness. If you want 6kg/5kg, we can do that as well. If you want softer in the rear we can go 3kg as well, but we feel that 6kg/4kg is the best combination for the SG being that it is lighter than the new design and the way the shocks are positioned, you really would not want to go much stiffer. Any stiffer spring rate than 5kg and we feel the car becomes too much for the street.

Gary

PS We have an SG kit thread. Mods if possible move this into that thread please. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Then makes some for off-roading, Gary! Or just build us a simple strut that has a 2" lift already built in. :biggrin:
I am sure we could design something, but how many of you would buy them? That is always the question. ;)

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know most of our kits that are coming very soon are sold. I know I will have one or two kits left from the first shipment of these coilovers.

Holiday time is tough for sure. But, we will always have these in stock. ;) If not it is because we have sold out. =P

Gary

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
Then makes some for off-roading, Gary! Or just build us a simple strut that has a 2" lift already built in. :biggrin:
I am sure we could design something, but how many of you would buy them? That is always the question. ;)

Gary
The more I think about this the more I like the idea of a strut/coil over that provides a up to 2" lift and actually makes use of the now available suspension travel vs putting in some thing like a 1-2" lift block where you still are restricted to the stock suspension travel.

This may appeal to some of the Outback and Impreza crowed too.

OFFROADSUBARUS.com
HatchPatrol.com
Off Road - Ultimate Subaru Message Board
http://www.oregonoffroadsubaruclub.org/
http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be visiting the factory next week and I can ask to see what we can do.

Gary

·
Registered
2007 Forester
27 Posts
I would definitely be interested in a shock that's made for the lift you get from a pair of King Springs. Everyone who's running those is on the KYB's, which fully extend just driving on a curb or the end of my driveway. I think it may be what caused my last set to fail. Pretty sure if you made them Paul at Primitive racing would be offering them to everyone who buys a set of King Springs, since right now the ONLY thing he can offer to customers on this setup are the KYB's.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would definitely be interested in a shock that's made for the lift you get from a pair of King Springs. Everyone who's running those is on the KYB's, which fully extend just driving on a curb or the end of my driveway. I think it may be what caused my last set to fail. Pretty sure if you made them Paul at Primitive racing would be offering them to everyone who buys a set of King Springs, since right now the ONLY thing he can offer to customers on this setup are the KYB's.
The reason why you can get the height on the king springs is because of the increased spring rate of the king springs. They are designed such that it has an increased rate and that is why you can get that extra lift from the shock. Problem is that if we decide to take on this project, the shocks would not be cheap as we would be using our Rally designs and those are not priced anywhere near the KYBs. It has been discussed and I doubt even Paul at Primitive would be able to sell the shocks. Also if we did decide to go and make as shock, we would not pair it with the King springs but instead we would set it up with our own springs.

We also have to be careful as we have had many companies say they want us to do things and yet many have never followed through. I am not saying that Paul may not come through, but we have to be on the side of caution for the projects we take on.

Gary

1 - 19 of 19 Posts