Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just wanted to let everyone know that our coilovers have finally arrived from the factory. We have spent most of tonight getting them ready for shipment on those who have pre-paid and for those who have not, we do have a few sets left from this shipment.

SH and SG kits are both available but in limited quantities. You can order them from our website.

SH Kit:
Mann Engineering Type-25 Coilovers, 2009+ Forester (SH) | Mann Engineering

SG Kit:
Mann Engineering Type-25 Coilovers, 2004-2008 Forester (SG) | Mann Engineering

Here is a quick snapshot of the SH system.

Quick snapshot of the SG System.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay of shipping out our coilovers as we ran short of springs and were waiting on them from Swift. We now have enough springs to ship out remaining orders and for new orders. :)

If a new order is placed, we can ship right away. :)

Gary

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you elaborate on this statement?
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f118/mann-engineering-sg-coilovers-finished-going-into-production-104540/#post1136671

"We did not design it to run at the stock height but a touch lower."

How much is that? I love the drop the swift springs provide that I have now. I'm really not looking for more than about 1" lower or so all around.
What I meant by that is that we wanted to have the ride height lowered but around the same height as the Swifts as I should have said. I honestly did not want it go much lower than what the Swifts do as we have found that it seems to be very optimal all around for most that still want ground clearance but want to be a little lower than stock and have good handling performance. Although the system will allow you to go lower should you desire, it can also go higher but we set it up around where the Swifts sit. We have always felt the Swifts are just a touch compared to many of the other options before we released our coilovers.

Gary

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
nice products,but that price is scary :(
This is what quality costs. AST is a top brand when it comes to suspension. If you want cheap, go BC or one of the many dozen or so derivatives of BC. But you will not get the same performance or comfort.

AST's for an Impreza are a bit over $2k, so a low volume run for the Forester at a few hundrend more is not entirely far off. Think of these as equivalent to buying KW v2 which right now, KW is the new hotness in the industry as far as coilovers go.

·
Registered
27 car gear
846 Posts
What I meant by that is that we wanted to have the ride height lowered but around the same height as the Swifts as I should have said. I honestly did not want it go much lower than what the Swifts do as we have found that it seems to be very optimal all around for most that still want ground clearance but want to be a little lower than stock and have good handling performance. Although the system will allow you to go lower should you desire, it can also go higher but we set it up around where the Swifts sit. We have always felt the Swifts are just a touch compared to many of the other options before we released our coilovers.

Gary
Thank you, just what I wanted to hear. I know you said you've sold a few sets already, any reviews posted yet?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, just what I wanted to hear. I know you said you've sold a few sets already, any reviews posted yet?
Unfortunately, the owners we have done the install for a few of them are not forum members and wish to keep their lives a bit more on the private side. Do they browse the forums? Sure, but it is ultimately up to them if they decide to chime in or not. There is one member on here who has a set on his 2005FXT but I know he has been really busy with his family at the moment.

Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have done some minor updates on these kits. I will make a formal announcement later today. :) Updates to make things even better! Stay tuned!

Gary

·
Registered
08 xt Stick
348 Posts
How long can we expect between rebuilds?
How much is a rebuild?
How long to rebuild?
Do brakelines clip right on?
What about salt and winter?
Think i will jump on these
Free shipping?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How long can we expect between rebuilds?
How much is a rebuild?
How long to rebuild?
Do brakelines clip right on?
What about salt and winter?
Think i will jump on these
Free shipping?
Rebuilds will depend on your driving habits and road conditions. So far the ones local to us, we have an STI that has had our early kits on for over 3-years and so far we have not seen any issues and the customer tracks the car about 3-4 times a year.

If you want pricing service pricing, please contact us directly. Rebuilds will take about a one-two days depending on how backed up we are with other services happening around the shop. We will ask that you let us know ahead of time so we can plan it in our calendar. We do not want you to be sending us shocks for rebuilds and we are at an event.

Yes, everything clips right on in the factory locations. Front ABS wire mount and front and rear brake lines all clip right on.

We use a factory type coating on our shocks to resist rust and corrosion. So far we have not had any issues with rust. Our winters in California are not that harsh but we do have people in the pacific northwest who run our kits on their imprezas during the winter and have not reported any issues.

Sorry no free shipping as we have been selling quite a few kits and only have one or two sets left from our original batch.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are happy to announce that we have updated the Swift Springs used on our Forester coilover kit. We are now utilizing Swifts Barrel Spring technology. We are the first to utilize this spring technology on a road car application. Swift originally developed this spring for race teams looking to get more spring travel out of the system and to prevent coil binding. Utilizing this technology, we are able to maximize the shaft movement out of our shock.

Gary

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,365 Posts
nice products,but that price is scary :(
I assure you, these are well worth the cost. Gary offered a demo ride on the shop car (STi) equipped with these coilovers - set on street setting & daily driving. I've been in a few Subarus running different coilovers and setups...nothing like this, though. This is something else.

If I told you ride quality is that of a fine saloon, would you believe me? This, plus the high level of grip and stability left me speechless. Sure, I was expecting corner-carving precision (he's quite a skilled driver), but to have that AND that level of comfort/refinement over rough pavement is just brilliant. We've even gone over some rail tracks doing close to 40. Like a champ. No spine-jarring impact. And best of all zero bobble-head through out the ride.

I kept thinking to myself - so this is what a properly setup Subaru feels like. I'm sold on these coilovers. No guilt or buyer's remorse here. They really are that impressive.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts