Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wait no longer! NEW Subaru 2014+ Forester 2.0XT Mann Engineering Lowering Springs are now in stock!

Images of some of the springs coming fresh off the production line:

Image of springs on vehicle:

Before and after on vehicle:

With much of the same principles as before, our springs are cold wound which allows us to use special materials that allow us to make the lowering springs with the following benefits:

1. Less coils and thinner wire to give as much stroke as possible in the system.
2. With a mild 25mm drop, we followed our principle of maintaining the ground clearance that the Foresters are known for to uphold the functionality of the vehicle, yet improve the look of your Forester.
3. Ride comfort has not been sacrificed in anyway. A more confidence inspiring feel through the steering wheel is felt when going around corners.

We made sure that these springs match with the OEM dampers and are THE springs to go with for your 2014+ Forester XT!

Spring Rates:
Front: 266.2 lbs
Rear: 246.8 lbs

Lowering: 25mm Front and Rear

IN STOCK!!!

MSRP $299.00/set

Sales tax will be applied to shipping addresses in California.

If you are local and wish to have the springs installed, please contact us for installation rates and to schedule an appointment.

*Non turbo models are currently in development and will be available soon as well*

Thanks,
Mann Engineering Team

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should post this on the Subaru Forester XT Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108574942496678/

There's a lot of 14+ XT owners active on that page that are not on this forum. Just a heads up!
Thanks for the heads up! We will definitely let owners know once we get accepted into the community over there.

Thanks again,
Mann Engineering Team

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm happy to post the link on SF.org facebook page for you..

got any pictures of them installed on the vehicle?
Definitely appreciate the assistance!

We do have one, are resizing the image as we speak and will have it up shortly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will these fit the regular NON-xt models too?

Are the spring rates harder or softer than the OEM XT spring rates?
Hi,

These springs will "fit." But they will not necessarily achieve the drop on the car that we are aiming for or wanting. We are working on Non-Turbo(non-XT) models right now but we are still waiting for someone locally to be able to volunteer one specific vehicle model to test in order to complete our Non-Turbo testing.

Here is the link for the vehicle we are looking for to do a test fitment:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f118/2014-forester-sj-test-vehicles-needed-381809/

If you know anyone locally to us, that would greatly be appreciated, help speed the development and finalization up on the springs.

Our spring rates are firmer than the OEM SJ FXT spring rates.

Thanks,
Mann Engineering Team

·
Registered
2015 XT Premium CVT
4,683 Posts
Six weeks ago I would of jump on this but ordering now and waiting 4 to 6 weeks from now they would be sitting in my garage until May 2015. I will have to wait to order in 2015.

Really like the looks of the XT with these springs looks level and just the right amount of wheel gap for me.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Six weeks ago I would of jump on this but ordering now and waiting 4 to 6 weeks from now they would be sitting in my garage until May 2015. I will have to wait to order in 2015.

Really like the looks of the XT with these springs looks level and just the right amount of wheel gap for me.
Not a problem. We will be having these springs for sometime. ;) We do not like to rush development of products as we want to make sure that we get things correctly on the product itself to make sure the drop is where we want it and the ride quality is where we want it as well.

We really like the look of it as well after we tested the springs on the car and think that it does close the gap but not too much to compromise functionality.

Thanks,
Mann Engineering Team

1 - 20 of 33 Posts