1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SenorSubie said:
Interesting
thats what I thought But they dont ship to Canada :(

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah I was looking at the same thing the other day on Ebay, Though I would like to see what it looks like on the forester???

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I'll see what the price is at in the last couple days of the sale, I think i was quoted somewhere around 300-400 for this before

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I'm waiting for a shipping quote..

anyone from Metuchen, NJ 08840?

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I'm not fond of those things. They defeat the pedestrian safe bumper, and they decrease approach angle. They can also fold into the hood, and do more damage then if it hadn't been in place. Make sure it has secure attach points other than just on the bottom (I can't tell from the picture), or it will shake/vibrate a bunch, and will easily fold into the bodywork on a slight impact.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Yes, this will decrease your off road ability.. like mountainbiker said it will decrease your approach angle..and the foresters arn't really that great on ground clearance to begin with

·
scarred from battle
730 Posts
I was thinking about picking it up... I saw this right after it was listed, and was hoping (against all odds) that nobody would notice.

Metuchen is a quick drive for me, about 40 minutes each way.

However, last night, some a$$hole in a pathfinder, with a very similar guard installed, managed to leave a wonderful dent in the driver's rear quarter of my SF (damage estimate is about $800) by trying to cut off the guy behind me in stop and go traffic. I WASN'T MOVING, and he kept inching closer and closer, and then it was too late.

Anyways, long story short - had he not had the damn thing installed, the damage would have been non-existent. Instead, i've got to go fight his insurance company (and I still haven't gotten the other damage sorted from when I got hit by a cab)

So, big thumbs down for these things. I'd say you should only get one if you need to protect your headlights, and don't care about ground clearance.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
who cares about ground clearance if you dont off road its all about BLING :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts