Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any problems out there with the reminder for oil change etc? Seems like I can set it for 6000 miles but when the time comes [cause i still jot it down on paper] the reminder will still show like 2 or 3 thousand miles to go.When i reset it to 6000 miles and drive say 129 miles and look at the screen it will show 5963 left. Am I setting it wrong or what?

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring
31 Posts
You got me wondering about mine as well as when my last target mileage came and went I assumed it was use error. Hmmm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking that I am doing something wrong though being a mechanic for 30 years I cant see why Im not setting it correctly. This is my wifes car and she drives alot being a hospice nurse so i think the milage shown on the odometer is correct but it still dosent jive with the maintenance milage,guess it could be a conversion problem? Any way the dealer dosent seem to know anything about any of the strange problems we have althogh there is t.s.b. for other complaints like the liftgate problems and rattles. when I worked at a 6 car line dealer for 15 years we always first checked for t.s.b's and did them if it fixed it or not as long as it was connected to the complaint you got your .3 hrs or so, but thats another story guess I got to go to the top for resolving such issues. By the way bought in october and at 29,000 miles already and do like the car just hope it last 300,000 like the previous hyundais and trade them at top dollar.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I recently noticed my 2019 maintenance monitor/reminder doesn't work correctly either. I set it to 6000 at the same time resetting trip B to zero. Then drove cross country and back, 6800 miles according to trip B, but the maintenance reminder showed 1600 miles left. It appears broken to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts