Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bringing in 03 Forester for maintenance Friday and need some advice on what should be looked/changed at.

I know the tires are shot and I refuse to get the Geolandars again, the dealer mentioned Kohmo tires are a good tire at reasonable price, are they right?

Dealer says no to timing belt, are they correct? I'm going for the fan belt because it's making squealing noises.

Some thoughts on the fluids, brake, anti-freeze, differential?

Anything else I'm missing? such as spark plugs?

I know I can get this stuff cheaper at a local service center but I have plenty of Subaru Bucks to cover anything.

Glad I found this forum, I went back to my old haunts at Edmund but found it on life support, I'm an old Forester owner since 98.

Ron W.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,876 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The timing belt is changed at 105K miles. Are you a member at MySubaru? It's free & all the information you need can be found there. It's also a great place to document any services that you have done to your vehicle. The website is kinda slow, so you need to be patient. :wink:

I also use a dealership & I've been happy with the service I've received there. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,989 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I replaced my OEM Geolanders with Yokohama Avids....a really great all season design that is fine in the rain and snow but also competent on dry roads......and a decent lifespan, to boot!

Get more info at Tirerack.com

Where's Oak Island? NOT the "famous" Oak Island with the treasure pit, I assume?

Steve

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
Depends on what was done for the 60K service. Usually at that mileage it's just an oil change and maybe a tire rotation. Next major service is at 90K.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
14,791 Posts
If it hasn't been done for a while....All new fluids including coolant and conditioner. (Both Subaru Brands)

Subaru recommends plugs every 30K but 50K is more like what is necessary.

I just installed Cooper Trendsetter SE's for 90 bucks (mounted/balanced)

I paid more bc I had my local guy do the job.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help and links.

There are actually 2 Oak Islands, unfortunately the one I live on here in North Carolina has no hidden pirate treasure trust me I looked.

Ron W.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,989 Posts
Ha ha ha..........oh well! You WOULD live on the wrong Oak Island!

Happy New Year!

Still recommend the Yokohama Avids...........turns the Forester into a Wacky Wallwalker (that's a toy from the 1980s......)

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts