Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I have changed MAF and all seems good, idle problem fixed and now picks up better drives smooth, But when I nail it great but on every gear change I am getting a gap as if waiting for fuel or spark missing then it takes of like the wind. Any ideas.

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the word i am looking for is flat spot :Banane37:and it is onlt on gear change. so i presume its off throttle on throttle hard. any help would be a great help.

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,572 Posts
Rally58man,

Difficult one to give a straight answer to.
Did you do an ECU reset after fitting the new maf?

Try doing a search on Hesitation - its brings up a variety of threads with lots of possiblities.:icon_confused:

Possible O2 sensor, check the waste gate pipework, are you still running it plugged for economy?, coil pack, ignition leads, plugs

The following thread may be helpful -
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/hesitation-65623/

The other thread that Peaty refers to look at post 25 it refers to coilpack on top of the manifold, Where he say's the turbo models don't have one is because the US never got the SF5 S-Turbo and only the later 2.5 FXT.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
With Don, mine had the Nissan MAF, went back to the Scoob one, until I reset the ECU it just wasn't quite 'right'.

Simon

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not believe no one has tried one they are only £16:00 ish off eBay but i am with rookie not to sure about the nissan maf but going to try it with new 02

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Have you done the ECU reset using the connectors, no point doing anything until you have, the learn is veerrryyyy ssssslllllloooooooowwwwwwwww otherwise!

Simon

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes done the reset as you say drives ok till you gun it and change gear big flat spot then off we gooooo whooosh. so fitting the new nissan mas has done this of the old one was masking this problem.but as i say the new maf has fixed idle so the next is 02 to change. so going for a 3 wire zirconia one Subaru Universal 3 Wire oxygen lambda sensor probe off the bay for £17:99 free p+p. it dose say it fits SUBARU IMPREZA 1.6 93-96

SUBARU IMPREZA 1.8 93-96

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 95-99

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 TURBO 93-97

SUBARU LEGACY 2.0 91-03

SUBARU LEGACY 2.2 91-98

SUBARU LEGACY 2.5 98-03

1 black wire & 2 white wires
so mine being my00 they say it will fit.i presume mine is the one just passed turbo

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
Oops, no you need one with a lead length to fit, so 97-00MY, the 93-97 is mounted in the manifold and has a Looonnnnnnggggggggg lead!

Simon

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,572 Posts
Rally58man,

On the early Impreza's the O2 sensor was either located after the turbo in the top of the downpipe or in the RH manifold, accessible from the RH wheel well.
(hence the Looonnnnnnggggggggg lead!)

The universal you are looking at replaces the following:-

SUBARU: 22690AA320, 22690AA321, 22690AA341, 22690AA370, 113101101600,

The first two are those for the SF so should be OK. As you rightly say you will be using the existing lead to attach to. (Soldering probably better :biggrin:)

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I new I can rely on ether you or Steve for the correct info, but did you know that solder can become brittle with vibration that’s why they crimp most joints. I like solder but I fasten joint down well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts