Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I have a screen shot of the diagnostics and rung subaru asking if thats ok or not and they just said they are not allowed to give information out. So does anyone know if this it too low or not, this was at idle after driving home from work so fully warmed up

Thanks!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Many of columns don't have units, but presuably temps are celcius or they're wrong. MAP appears too high at 50 in-hg (again no units so may be a metric unit, but even that seems wrong for Mbar).

Most impotantly, the codes set are not displayed. This will provide best clue to problem.

You should put your year/model/engine info in your signature. There are some significant differences in foresters.

good luck

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
units are to the right in a separate column, map is 50kpa
There are no error codes. I'm not sure why it came up with the pending ones but they had gone when I went to check them.
I have cleaned the maf before using ipa which didn't make much difference, I remember it didn't cut out that morning but did later that day when I left work. I had left it to soak for a good half hour. Car is a 2003 2.0L XT auto.

Cheers

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Try to clean yours first. The "bulb" on mine was completely covered in a black dust. I used that CRC spray linked in an earlier post to clean mine off. When I did that, all my problems went away. So clean it first, then re-run the test to see what happens.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had already cleaned it. Maybe I will try another soak in ipa for a few hours tonight and see what happens in the morning.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
^^ Sorry, guess I read over where you cleaned it before. Yeah, I guess you can replaced the MAF and see what happens. That's the only thing I don't like about MAF, they're expensive and replacing it may or may not fix the issue. Good luck.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
I've never heard of completely immersing a MAF in cleaning solution... are you sure that isn't adding to the problem? MAF's are pretty delicate.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's electrical cleaning solution which evaporates. You just have to make sure you leave it long enough to dry.
Anyhoo, made no difference and still cut out this morning. Not sure whether to just take it to subaru and see wheat they say or buy a new maf and hope it is that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts