Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
05 FXT
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread in the ongoing saga of me attempting to make decent power for as cheap as possible.

As some may recall from earlier my earlier thread regarding the snorkus, I have been having problems w/ my turbo inlet collapsing. I first tried the snorkus delete, it helped some, then did an APS 70mm CAI and it was a vast improvement. However I was still having issues at ~315 g/s.

Took a stab and picked up a Grimspeed MAF hose. I haven't heard of these being sold as power improvers, but it seemed like the last potential restriction.

First comment, the fit wasn't the greatest. Now it doesn't help that the Perrin inlet isn't a perfect fit either, so the 2 together is poor. On the positive, the hose was too long, so I cut it back and got an improved fit. Still not perfect though.

Made my first pull, now no more inlet collapsing. You wouldn't think it'd make that much of a difference, but the accordian in the original MAF hose chokes it down big time.

So if you're making some decent power, I'd recommend swapping MAF hoses. They're not too pricey so not a bad idea. It did make the turbo a little louder as well.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts