Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have the Forester or your other Suby mistaken for something else?

My neighbor in the next garage stall [nice guy] came up to me while I was wiping down the FXT. He complimented on how nice the vehicle is, but then shocked me with this comment, "Nowadays, these Korean cars are really well made. Daewoo is the other nice one".

Me: HUH?!?!?! LOL

I told him that it's made in Japan, and he actually thought I was the one that's mistaken! "No, Subaru is a Korea company". At this point I was cracking up big time... I popped the hood and showed him the 'FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES' label and he sorta took a step back and gave me a puzzling look. "Subaru is a Korean name, isn't it? I'm sure of it". I smiled and said no.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
994 Posts
May be the word "subaru" has a Korean origin.

·
6/22/76 - 12/21/14 , Gone but not forgotten
742 Posts
When I drive to SoCal, I get a lot of "what kind of car is that?" since mine's debaged and the company logo isn't that familiar with everybody.

Honest mistake.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,437 Posts
blitzoid said:
which also, rather conviently, explains your name here, and your "seventh sister" status.

took me a while to figure that out (I'm dumb that way) but it made me smile when I did.
;)

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also get a lot of, "Is that a V6?" at the car wash.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5 MT
304 Posts
SKSTI said:
So now we know. And knowing is half the battle! :D
Is that from the GI Joe cartoon series! I haven't seen that in years!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
SKSTI said:
I also get a lot of, "Is that a V6?" at the car wash.
Only if you are what you eat. The XT will eat one hell of alot of V6s for breakfast. :cool:

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Everyone up here seems to know that the FXT is a Subaru, but I live in Minnesota, and Subaru's are everywhere. Not tons of Foresters, but lots of Outbacks and WRX's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts