Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on THESE rock sliders for the 19+ Foresters.. I'm looking mostly to have a step to reach things on the roof but also like the looks of sliders on other vehicles. Any other companies make these for the newer Foresters? Anyone install these already?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Nam J. thanks for the share!
I just wish they weren’t so expensive .. I should’ve jumped on the Black Friday deal . Hmm. I wish there more options

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
203 Posts
@Nam J. thanks for the share!
I just wish they weren’t so expensive .. I should’ve jumped on the Black Friday deal . Hmm. I wish there more options
Coming from a BMW brand where I modded my X5 which costs me approximately 12 to 15 grand, aftermarket prices on Subaru's seem to be pretty decent and affordable in comparison lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coming from a BMW brand where I modded my X5 which costs me approximately 12 to 15 grand, aftermarket prices on Subaru's seem to be pretty decent and affordable in comparison lol.
I’m more concerned with your thoughts of the rock rails... I didn’t tell you to go and spend 15k on your BMW

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
203 Posts
I’m more concerned with your thoughts of the rock rails... I didn’t tell you to go and spend 15k on your BMW
I guess my subtle point to you was 1K is a reasonable price for rock sliders... if you are too cheap to pay this then try some fabricator shop to make a customs one with cheaper materials.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess my subtle point to you was 1K is a reasonable price for rock sliders... if you are too cheap to pay this then try some fabricator shop to make a customs one with cheaper materials.
Can we get back on track here? Rock sliders. Brands. Opinions about sliders. Not opinions about my financial situation.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
134 Posts
In my experience LP makes quality products and the price reflects what is involved in manufacturing something of this nature. Just to powder coat a pair of sliders would cost over $450 at my local shop. The cost of the DOM tubing would be about $200 before one piece is even cut to length. If LP was producing hundreds of sets at a time or If they were contracted out to China, the price would be less. Proudly made in Canada. Aye!

I have seen Jeep rock sliders sell for $2000 or more. I will happily pay the price when I am ready to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
652 Posts
Aaaaand a quality part will save more $$$ in damage from said rocks, cheap appearance crap will fold like a Coors Light can.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@shimmygrl8 and @Womprat57 Thanks for the input! I would probably get the sliders bare so I could get them sprayed with Line-x. You think the rail takes away too much ground clearance without a lift? Kinda wish you could get on the step without opening the door like the ones I had on my Jeep too..

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
134 Posts
If you go off-road and think the vehicle is at risk for real damage, then I would get all of the underside armor available. Ground clearance is the best way to keep stuff from getting smashed. The lift will give the body additional ground clearance. I would install the lift then get the sliders.

In my opinion rock sliders are only needed when climbing over REALLY big obstacles creating a potential condition of slipping off and crunching the rockers and doors.

However they look so bad-*** I need to have a set, even though they will most likely never be put to the test.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
134 Posts
If you really want a step on the rock slider, check out the custom made set in this YouTube video.
Skip up to the 3:10 minute mark for the slider information.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you go off-road and think the vehicle is at risk for real damage, then I would get all of the underside armor available. Ground clearance is the best way to keep stuff from getting smashed. The lift will give the body additional ground clearance. I would install the lift then get the sliders.

In my opinion rock sliders are only needed when climbing over REALLY big obstacles creating a potential condition of slipping off and crunching the rockers and doors.

However they look so bad-*** I need to have a set, even though they will most likely never be put to the test.
I’m really not looking to do any serious off roading in my Forester. Some seasonal roads here and there but I really just like the look, too! .. and the addition of a step is a big plus too IMO

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
16 Posts
@shimmygrl8 and @Womprat57 Thanks for the input! I would probably get the sliders bare so I could get them sprayed with Line-x. You think the rail takes away too much ground clearance without a lift? Kinda wish you could get on the step without opening the door like the ones I had on my Jeep too.. View attachment 527111
The reduction of ground clearance is my thought, too. I guess if you did a lift then it wouldn’t be an issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts