Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subaru is still handing out $500 loyalty coupons.

I called the corporate headquarters (800-782-2783), told them I'll be purchasing a new one soon, and they collected my VIN; the next day, they emailed me the coupon that expires a year out.

·
Registered
2015 Forester
116 Posts
I ordered my loyalty coupon today. They took my name and they already had our vins so they are emailing my coupon tomarrow.

·
Registered
2015 Forester
116 Posts
Actually, not generally true; SOA won't honor that. It did not work for me when I purchased my Wife's '17 Foz. However, your dealer may be willing to take the $500 hit to make it work (there have been plenty of examples).

However, I have heard of several people combining auto show coupons with loyalty coupons.
Auto show coupons? There is an auto show in spokane in January.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,151 Posts
NEVER...NEVER tell your dealer you have any coupons. Negotiate your BEST deal and then when you're sitting in the Finance Manager's office, pull out your coupons and have them applied. No skin off their back as they get entered as a rebate and then Subaru reimburses the dealer.
This. Think of it as a card game. The less you reveal, the more likely you are to win (by odds) vs lose (because of tells).

Here is a simple metric for you, everyone, anyone... Dealers Do. Not. Lose. Money. EVER. On. Any. Sale. No matter what they lie ab... er, tell you. Dealers wouldn't stay in business if they actually lost money. What they do is not make as much. There are certain customers that they don't rip-off, so they call that a "losing deal". But in reality, if a dealer can't make money on every deal, they must be idiots.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
63 Posts
My experience in Oct. 2016 with Concordville Subaru | New 2017-2018 Subaru & Used Cars Serving Glen Mills PA, Concordville, PA, Wilmington DE and surrounding areas.

My starting point was with Costco Auto Program which directed me to Greater Philadelphia Subaru Dealer Rafferty Subaru. We had agreed upon a buying price (a little below Costco Auto Program guaranteed price) for 17' Forester XT Touring w/NAV & Eyesight but could not come to an agreement for the trade in value of my 06' WRX (difference of $3K below kkb fair/good condition value!). Totally refuse any negotiation from initial trade in value offered. Walked out the door.

Went to Concordville Subaru | New 2017-2018 Subaru & Used Cars Serving Glen Mills PA, Concordville, PA, Wilmington DE and surrounding areas. relayed my experience at Greater Philadelphia Subaru Dealer Rafferty Subaru and my willingness to do purchase that day. They immediately matched Greater Philadelphia Subaru Dealer Rafferty Subaru price, matched kkb trade in fair/good condition value for WRX. Everything agreed and signed, while in the Finance office I then disclosed coupons. At first they said they can only accept one or the other but not both. I was disappointed and relayed that I read about multiple instances in forums where Subaru dealerships accepted both. The finance person ask me to wait and she went to make some calls. 10 - 15 minutes later she came back with a smile and said good to go with both coupons!

Hope this helps someone and good luck!

·
Registered
2012 Forester Limited AUTOMATIC
42 Posts
@subieT..you lost your leverage the moment you mentioned to them about the coupons.Yes you can stack them.dealer doesn't lose any money.
Try to talk to Gerald Subaru.They beat Grand Subaru price by 200USD.I had very bad experience from Grand Subaru
Check http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f86/grand-subaru-bensenville-il-627282/#post6266010
I did not present the coupon at all until the final prices have been confirmed...

By the way I had a good experience at Grand Subaru in IL. I presented Grand Junction Subaru in Colorado with the coupon after all prices were finalize and they thought I was getting too good of a deal and they shut me down and did not want to work with me after that. :shake:

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5iPremium CVT
119 Posts
I am in the market for a new Subaru (Crosstrek for my wife) but I thought I'd add that after contacting them through the subaru.com website, Subaru of America were very quick to email me a loyalty coupon for $500.

In addition they sent a large box of gourmet cookies, a nice warm throw-rug/blanket(good for in car, or on sofa) and water bottle, and the best of the best (IMO) was a nice YETI-brand cooler bag - a Yeti Hopper 20, in a green color that matches my '15 Foz!! I've wanted one of these kinds of bags and looked at them at costco, but the price has always put me off, so I'm a VERY surprised and happy loyal customer now! The gifts also came in three different packages, so it's nice getting surprises in the mail...

·
Registered
2015 Forester
116 Posts
Got this email from Subaru today. I asked them if I could use multiple coupons ......YMMV

Subaru of America, Inc.
2:49 PM (5 hours ago)

to me
Good Evening Chris,
I was able to confirm that only one coupon per transaction can be used.

Marc

[THREAD ID:1-CHW864N]

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,614 Posts
Interesting. I guess it depends upon your dealer. I have done it twice and know several others that have used both as well. Maybe the dealer is taking the $500 hit to sell the car.

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
835 Posts
I was told not to show it until you get to the finance person and are told the amount to write on a check. I then handed them the coupon and the finance person re-figured the tax, so it was applied as a discount on the taxable total.

(Disclaimer - taxes are paid at the state level, and there are real differences between how different states might handle such things. My example is from PA.)

·
Registered
2017 XT Touring
87 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,151 Posts
It's not the dealer's call to make. It's the state's.
Regardless, the deal I got on my '17 XT was really good and absolutely drama free.

In my mind, the loyalty coupon was the icing on a cake that was already very good.
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/6964106-post1269.html

The only 'downside' was the dealer being 44 miles away. :laugh:
To each their own and I'm glad you got a deal you're are happy with. At the end of the day, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring
112 Posts
I recently got an email invite from Subaru to attend the Seattle Auto show and as a added perk will be getting a $500 loyalty coupon at the show. I have registered to go and although I m no longer currently in market to get the vehicle i will pickup the coupon and if someone needs it i can give it away

Subaru has been pretty generous with their gifts. After i got my Forester 17 late last year, 2 months later
Subaru sent me a BOSE bluetooth speaker. Was super stoked for that!

I had also signed up to Subaru Ambassador early last year in hopes of getting the voucher to use it
but unfortunately i was on wait list and only got to be Ambassador after i got the car.

I guess as a Ambassador you need to be kind of active with promotions and going on Subaru site to indicate your activity etc once a month or so. I got lazy so never really did any updates as an Ambassador and recently got an email from Subaru that my Ambassador role was cancelled due to inactivity lol

1 - 20 of 196 Posts