Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

781 - 798 of 798 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Sorry took so long. Never did pull the trigger. I’m still weighing my options and will get to it, but life has gotten in way and this is low on my priority list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
@Galager,

Bilstein just released their B6 & B4 struts for the SH & SJ chassis here in the US. A set of four is $444 at ShockWarehouse.com right now.
Thanks for that info! Never looked at that site. I found them. Seems like B6 would be the way to go. Anyone know how these would be with lowering springs? I was gonna go Cusco touring A because of adjustability, but they are $$$.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had the Prodrive P1's on my `01 RS. Which were Bilstein B6's with Eibach springs. It lowered the car a little more than an inch over stock and handled brilliantly. - No complaints from wife either. :thumbsup:

The B6's were designed for our (subtle) lowering springs.... Eibach/Swifts/H&R/RSR/etc....

My Showa (OEM) shocks with Swift springs are starting to lose their damping after 85k miles. 75k with the springs on them. The bilsteins will be the replacement, finally. :nerd:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Thanks for that! I think I may pull the trigger finally. I hate suspension as you never know what to really expect until you install everything. But for $450, its a better gamble than 850!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Will do. I got the slow boat shipping, so I don't expect to see for at least a week. And then there will be the time I spend looking at them and being too lazy to install, so patience will be required lol. I've been holding off on replacing my summer tires until this happens and have riding the stock geosquelaers for far too long!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nothing like looking at new parts that are shiny and CLEAN to make you hold off from installing them.... Especially when painted in bright colors. lol

I know a thing or two about new and shiny... :nerd:

(From another build)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
The B6's are awesome. The car is so much more composed on the road than it's ever been. I give two thumbs up. Not sure if the pedders are any better than swifts though, as I only have experience with the pedders.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I believe you are missing the metal cone shaped spacer that the front strut mount will sit on. Also, I’d recommend using the 2013 STI/SJ Forester strut mounts, at least up front. They have stiffer rubber than stock and give some better steering feel. They were only like $100-120 for both the fronts.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Actually looks like you’re missing a few pieces there.

You need part numbers:

2 x 20326AA000 front conical spacer
2 x 20323FA000 front spring seat
2 x 20325FA000 front spring seat rubber
2 x 20375FG000 rear spring seat rubber

I re-used all those parts.

I would also use all new locknuts on the bottom mounting bolts. They’re technically one use only (the threads stretch) and I’ve been burned reusing those in the past. Cheap insurance.

I’m also sorry I didn’t throw the rear spacers in. After driving around awhile, the front is a little higher than before. I’ll get them in at some point.

781 - 798 of 798 Posts
About this Discussion
797 Replies
121 Participants
Galager
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing