Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. Looking for some advice on how low I can go with my 2017 FXT Touring and still have good alignment specs and decent ride?
I already did the PINK springs in stock struts which took it down about 1/2”. However I’m not really satisfied with the ride. Stock struts are to soft so I feel like I’m always banging the bump stops. I’m going to order the Cusco street adjustable coil overs. They say they can go down 4” from stock. However I don’t want it that low. Maybe one more inch from where it is now would be good.
Please give me some input here and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,622 Posts
Get adjustable rear lower control arms like from SPC and you can go as low as you want and still get alignment specs where they need to be. However, having FEAL coilovers you will sacrifice ride quality to get there unless you opt for softer springs than I had (8k). Perhaps a 6k/6k setup would be better.

I find the RSR coilovers interesting because they appear to have rubber dampers in the top hats which I believe would have improved the harshness of the coilovers significantly. They are also 6k/6k spring rate. They are pricey though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I’m not wanting any more than 1.5-2” of total drop. So I’m hoping that I will not need to replace anything else in order to get it aligned.
I will take a look at RSR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 outback 3.0r
10 Posts
Kind of off topic here, but what lip is that? Also, what are your tire & wheel specs? Or, maybe you have a build thread? This is one sexy Foz! I just brought home a 2015 FXT Touring, and it looks like it might be the same color as yours. Definitely looking forward to having some fun with this blank canvas! Coming from a lowered Outback, I'm already itching to get started on this new project. Thanks for any info you can provide!

·
Registered
18 Forester XT
43 Posts
I dropped mine to about 3 fingers gap with silvers neo max coilovers. Your gonna definitely need new adjustable lower arms and toe arms for the rear. Even with the new lower control arms the max positive camber the alignment shop could do was -1.5 in the rear

1 - 5 of 5 Posts