Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I tested out my 09 forester xt with a vf52 turbo. When i go full throttle at 60km/h or 70km/h in 2nd gear, the engine seems to be straining.The revs started climbing slowly. I couldnt feel much boosting going on too even as it climbed the revs.

What could be the problem?:icon_confused:

·
Registered
1999 Forester S Turbo 5MT
1,960 Posts
Did you get the map adjusted? If not, the ECU is likely pulling timing and boost, assuming the turbo and installation are all correct.

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Probably would be better if you give us a list of mods and tunes? Cant really tell you much on what your saying but probably a boost leak at your tb to intercooler hose.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Auto
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Probably would be better if you give us a list of mods and tunes? Cant really tell you much on what your saying but probably a boost leak at your tb to intercooler hose.
Mods:
1. Apexi CAI
2. Decatted stock exhaust
3. Walbro 255 fuel pump
4. Stock TMIC
5. Vf52 turbo
6. Used romraider + ecuflash to tune

I dont know if this will help: Occasionally, i will do a sudden hard acceleration and release the pedal right away, there will be a loud pop sound at the exhaust.

·
Registered
2012 XT Touring AT
1,842 Posts
that is an afterfire. unspent gas going into exhaust system. that could happen if you have a BPV that is venting too much instead of recircing the air back into the inlet

record a few pulls/logs with romraider and post them....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.