Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I just bought a beauty- 2012 Clear Sky Blue Forester X few months ago with only 33k miles! Love the vehicle, fun to drive, etc. Month or so ago, I notice a metallic rattling sound under the suv. I was told by mechanic acquaintance it was probably heat shield. I took it in (it's still under warranty), and was told by Subaru absolutely nothing was wrong with it and that all was tight underneath. However I still hear it, and it's driving me nuts!
I don't remember hearing it when I first bought it, and the sound happens loudest when I first start the car in the morning. When I rev engine, it gets louder. When I start driving, it stops.
Any ideas?? It's never been wrecked, and I've never taken it off road or anything like that- I baby it. Put about 10miles a day on it for work.
-Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,272 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard.

Go back to the dealer and take them for a ride so they can hear the rattle.

BTW:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts