Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a 2005 sti. i bought it to uto x and hill climb (which it was great at) but an moving to open wheeled cars. since i won't be racing the sti i was thinking about getting a fxt. little more practice, and seem to be a lot cheaper. i have the follwing sti parts i'd like to use if possible:

FST
cat back exhaust
strut tower braces
sti wheels
receiver hitch

what year of forester should i look for that will allow me to use the most of my parts?

how are the autos? i assumed manuals were the way to go but it seems like quite a few guys are says the 4eat is the way to go???

oh an i would like to put sti stuts on in the future as well; is that possible?

thanks for the help!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
The 04-08 Forester XT is basically a lifted 04 STi. IF it fits an 04 STi, it will fit the FXT.
Your catback will work with XL hangers, the front strut brace will work, but the sti wheels and trailer hitch will not. All Foresters come with 5x100 bolt patterns (unless modded).

Only 04 STi struts will work. The 05-07 ones bolt up different in the front.

Stock for stock, the MT owns the AT, but once modded the ATs are just as quick if not quicker. It really depends on what you like to drive. Both seem to be good for around 300whp before things start breaking. Some people get away with high numbers, but other have broke trannies with less.

·
Registered
04 FXT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it possible to do a 5 x 114/3 swap? if so how hard?

can you run 245's with spacers?

will an 05 sti access port work on a forester?

thanks for the info!!

The 04-07 Forester XT is basically a lifted 04 STi. IF it fits an 04 STi, it will fit the FXT.
Your catback will work with XL hangers, the strut braces will work, but the sti wheels and trailer hitch will not. All Foresters come with 5x100 bolt patterns (unless modded).

Only 04 STi struts will work. The 05-07 ones bolt up different in the front.

Stock for stock, the MT owns the AT, but once modded the ATs are just as quick if not quicker. It really depends on what you like to drive. Both seem to be good for around 300whp before things start breaking. Some people get away with high numbers, but other have broke trannies with less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts