Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have seen a few members with the front bumper under spoiler as well as the sport mesh grill.

im curious what people have been paying so i can get idea of what to realistically expect to pay, and know if i am getting a good deal.

thanks

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
If I remember correctly (I got my underspoiler at cost from a friend) you're looking at just over the $200 mark for each.

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I remember correctly (I got my underspoiler at cost from a friend) you're looking at just over the $200 mark for each.
nice, thats doable, any increase in fuel efficiency with the front lip?

i tink i read somewhere that people where getting slightly better mileage.

also as far as install and fit/finish is it a piece you think will stay looking OEM or something that the tape will eventually degrade and come apart?

·
Registered
2009 Forester
63 Posts
subaruonlineparts.com is where I got my grille from. Searched a few other online places and they seemed to have the lowest prices (within $10) to the rest. Always had good experience ordering from them.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
got my sport grille on ebay. The vendor was selling with the best offer feature and I think it was listed at $225. I offered $215 and he accepted my offer. Perhaps i should have gone lower to have him counter my offer but I wanted the grille pretty bad. Overall, very happy with it.. changes the whole look of the vehicle!

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That seems to be about the price I'm expecting to pay.

One more question on the grill. Is there any way to run it without a badge?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
nice, thats doable, any increase in fuel efficiency with the front lip?

i tink i read somewhere that people where getting slightly better mileage.

also as far as install and fit/finish is it a piece you think will stay looking OEM or something that the tape will eventually degrade and come apart?
I haven't noticed any change in fuel economy.

The fit and finish is perfect, the best fitting piece of body kit I've ever put on a car (the only OEM one though). The installation took 10 minutes and that tape doesn't look like it's coming off any time soon. That 3M stuff will stick forever. Somewhere on here I put some tips on installing it but the biggest tip is in the directions it's really unclear but it tells you to peel up one of the ends of the tape before putting on so you can just pull tape away while its snapped in place, do this on both ends of each piece, I got to a corner or two and couldn't get the cover off all the way but it does snap into place so it sits tight.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
63 Posts
That seems to be about the price I'm expecting to pay.

One more question on the grill. Is there any way to run it without a badge?
I just ordered the grille so i'm not quite sure. It should be coming in today or tomorrow. A member who comes to mind (AzNFoLife924) has the sports grille so maybe you can PM or check out his Mod Journal to post the question there to see if he remembers how it was attached.

Once I get it i'll check the backing to see if its something you can snap off without having a giant oval indention left. I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to take it off though with it being mesh.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
if you find a good deal on the under spoiler, please let me know.. I've somehow convinced the misses to sign off on one after showing her a bunch of pictures. It's funny how she hated when I'd mod my previous truck, but loves just about anything I want to get for the Subie.

·
Registered
2015 XT AT
18 Posts
Sport grille replacement

IMO the silver grille that came with my FXT was unappealing so I picked a sports grille up from from a local dealer and replaced it myself by I following SubieOutlaw's Journal (see link below). It took about an hour and I only broke one plastic clip. Bought a new clip the next day for $1.75.

subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f80/how-remove-bumper-2009-lots-pics-61344

·
Registered
2011 WRX Hatch Manual
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMO the silver grille that came with my FXT was unappealing so I picked a sports grille up from from a local dealer and replaced it myself by I following SubieOutlaw's Journal (see link below). It took about an hour and I only broke one plastic clip. Bought a new clip the next day for $1.75.

subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f80/how-remove-bumper-2009-lots-pics-61344
i cant wait to throw on the new grill. should ship tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts