Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester X
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm not new to the subi's but I am new to the one I might be purchasing. I'm on the fence cause it's an 18 touring with 56k on the clock. It's a one owner and a local trade. Only possible issue that I have found is there could be some rust underneath...I live in WV....the dealer put it on a rack and sent pictures on the undercarriage after I noticed the wheel well didn't look like it had been sprayed with undercoating.

From the dealer

I understand some rust on the exhaust but bolts, wheel well, suspension parts,...the diff...
The dealer claims it's just dirt and it does kind of look like dirt on the skid plates but...

What do you guys think? Asking price is $22k everything else is in perfect shape.
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2007 FXT 5MT
1,437 Posts
That aint rust, it's dust....and I would say given how it looks like it's sticking to the flat parts and how it's thick around bolts...that leads me to believe it's actually looking worse because someone DID coat it with something like fluid film...dust is attracted to it and it may make it look worse until you wipe it off and then see a distinct lack of rust as a result.

·
Registered
2010 forester X
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Scooby24, I am gonna look at it again after work tomorrow and crawl underneath it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts