Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here but have been lurking for a while.

I'm close to buying one of the remaining '10 XT limited models at a local dealership. My question is, does anyone know what the 2011's will add? I know theres a lot of speculation, but am I going to buy this car and then see a vastly improved model a month later?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
I'm 100 percent sure you're safe from seeing any "vast" improvements between the 2010 and 2011. You'll see minor improvements, at best.

Legacy's getting all the attention now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is SI-Drive standard on the XT? I'm asking cause I haven't been in one in a while (going to check it out soon), and I see some pictures with the little SI knob below the shifter, and some without.
Thanks!

Here are the pics that include the SI-Drive knob. I'm confused, since I don't see this on the spec sheet for 2010 Foresters. Is this 2011?

( I can't post links yet so I made a shortcut and typed it out )
http: / / bit.ly/ axcqi7

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,924 Posts
If you're in no hurry for a new vehicle & don't mind paying more for an 2011, I'd recommend waiting. :smile:

If you're into MODding, specifically power MODding, you might want to consider an '08 or earlier Forester. That's the reason I went with an '07. I could have easily gone with a new one, but I hate car payments. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
I don't think stock fozzie XTs, new or old, come with SI-Drive at all. Maybe on a custom foz? On the new ATs, all you get is sportshift.

SI is still only exclusive to 6-cylinder Outback's and Legacy's. Last I heard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think stock fozzie XTs, new or old, come with SI-Drive at all. Maybe on a custom foz? On the new ATs, all you get is sportshift.

SI is still only exclusive to 6-cylinder Outback's and Legacy's. Last I heard.

If you take a look at the pictures above (from a subaru dealer's site), it's clearly the Forester layout with the SI-Drive underneath the shifter. That's why I'm thinking 2011?

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
Ah, yes. I see. Your link didn't work for me until I deleted all the spaces (forum security I guess).

As soon as I saw that, I called my friend who works at a local dealership. His exact words, "It's supposed to happen, but we don't know yet." He said he's heard it, that it's been rumored, but they won't know until last. I told him to let me know as soon as he could confirm it.

I suppose SI may be considered a "vast" improvement, depending who you are. Maybe, as Sleeper suggested, if you don't mind paying more for the 2011, you might want to wait. Very interesting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Interesting - that one also appeared to have HID (xenon) headlights. In addition to the picture with the SI knob, there's also one showing a headlight washer spraying an HID headlight. Hmmm....

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Premium CVT
65 Posts
Interesting - that one also appeared to have HID (xenon) headlights. In addition to the picture with the SI knob, there's also one showing a headlight washer spraying an HID headlight. Hmmm....
It also has the speedo in KM/H, I am guessing this is not a US spec vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts