Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2FXT Forester XT Limiteds 20104EAT 20044EAT
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for direct replacement Street stainless steel coated brake line kits with all the brackets, banjos and crush washers. Has anyone installed such a kit? Where did you purchase it? How did it fit? I've seen listings for other Subies but not the Foz. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
Technafit

·
Registered
04 FXT
104 Posts
After some reading I will be doing the lines with a full flush with super blue. And if I can find one in time, an Sti brake booster

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I've got WRX fitment TechnaFit black coated Stainless brake lines on mine... no complaints or issues.
So does it matter if I get WRX or STI lines ? What did you pay from Touge ?

I need a set before next weekend, I'll send him an email and see if he can ship them or not (prays lol). Not sure if we have a local vendor who can get them.

·
Registered
2008 STI 6 Speed
48 Posts
Techna Fit makes good SS braided lines, they are coated and DOT approved. They make a kit for the Forester. there is no need to buy 2 different kits. Super blue is a great fluid for the price. High boiling point and a cool color!

- Joe

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
^^ I just ordered a Forester specific set of Techna-Fit's and will do a write up on install. I've been using Super Blue for years, holds up great at the track.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
I don't see an application for a Techna-Fit kit for the 2006 with rear drums. Anyone know if the disc setup is the same? I'll send them an email and find out.

·
Registered
2008 STI 6 Speed
48 Posts
I don't see an application for a Techna-Fit kit for the 2006 with rear drums. Anyone know if the disc setup is the same? I'll send them an email and find out.
The front is the same or similar enough - caliper is almost in same location.

The rear is different though. The line goes into the wheel cyl. in a much different location.

-Ken

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
59 Posts
So are people running the WRX / STI lines still at stock ride height? I'm just wondering if the extra suspension travel causes any problems. I would think the WRX/STI would have shorter lines, but maybe not or it does not matter.

I ran Goodridge lines on my WRX for 7 yrs, and would like to give those lines a new home on my Forester.

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
The front is the same or similar enough - caliper is almost in same location.

The rear is different though. The line goes into the wheel cyl. in a much different location.

-Ken
Thanks Ken. I sent them an email and asked if they sell a set for the 2006 and that they only list the 2005. They replied, yeah, we sell 2005.

Gee...thanks.

I think I'll wait since I may put a 1" lift on the car next year.

·
Registered
2008 STI 6 Speed
48 Posts
Quite a few of the non-WRX Subaru applications are different - and it's hard to check each one - but yes they are a bit behind on the listings.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts