Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, thought I would check things out. Ive been having some issues with my 2015 XT, so i'm gunna check to see what other people have experienced, and go form there!

·
admin
6,619 Posts
Thanks for the user info. That helps us help you.:grin2:

Here are the issue,"Just had the transmission replaced 3 weeks ago and now it’s bucking and surging. Crazy stuff. The dealership took 3 years to change it out after continuous visits. I’m not sure what else I can do! "

·
admin
6,619 Posts
Has the dealer looked at since this started?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
@Sjb273
A newly installed transmission should come with a warranty... provided the transmission is the issue you should be covered.
If you got the extended warranty everything may still be covered.

Was this the same issue all along (after 3 years....)
"Bucking and surging" do not sound like typical transmission issues... but then impossible to say with so little information.
What transmission type do you have? When do you get the bucking.. on startup? Could be the clutch if it's a manual and the clutch is "grabby".

Solely based on the word "surging" (an increase in speed that isn't intended?) sounds more like an engine issue, or the engine isn't talking to the automatic properly.
Transmissions don't surge unless it is an ill timed gear change, or is the transmission a CVT?

In any case, since it has been a very short time, why don't you go back to where it was recently repaired?

It will help your case if you can both describe and reproduce the issue you are having, otherwise you will get a NTF reply (No Trouble Found).

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
DragonSubie7
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing