Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! It's nasty out here in NJ and the roads are terrible! I had to venture out before dinner and I am finally to the point where I realize I need new tires. I'm looking for what you are running right now and what you like!

I am running the stock 16" steel wheels that came with my MY06 X and would like to stick to the stock tire size.

Things in a tire that matter to me:

All Weather

Decent off road capabilities (some hilly dirt roads around here)

Great to amazing gas mileage

Good tread life

Tires I have been looking at:

Continental ContiProContact

Continental Purecontact Ecoplus

Yokohama Geolandar AT-S

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
2013 2.5x auto
268 Posts
I was looking at the same thing your looking at.

After many reviews questions and looking I went geolander a/t-a
Best decision ever! Now, off road and mpg don't mix well. Honestly I think I don't loose any mpg's. I can't tell you enough, quiet on road, great in off road situations, good for 130mph (handles good because of stiffer sidewall) and a 50k ratting?! I highly recommend

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the same thing your looking at.

After many reviews questions and looking I went geolander a/t-a
Best decision ever! Now, off road and mpg don't mix well. Honestly I think I don't loose any mpg's. I can't tell you enough, quiet on road, great in off road situations, good for 130mph (handles good because of stiffer sidewall) and a 50k ratting?! I highly recommend
What year are you driving?

·
Registered
2000 2 Outbacks 1Man , 1 Auto
312 Posts
Had Geolander I/T 's on a 97 Foz but they were 205/70 - 15 's . Daughter still running that car with them on . Winter tyre but I used them all year round . Quiet , comfortable , not quite all terrain tread but good off road nevertheless . Still available in Europe but dont know about the States . Wearing well for winter tyre .

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
You are looking for great gas mileage and decent off-road capability. Not sure those two criteria are compatible...
BUT: I will need new tires for spring. And because I have had such an outstanding experience with the General Altimax Arctic winter tires I have on the vehicle now (and for the last several winters), I'm going to try a set of General Altimax HP's as my warm weather tire. The Bridgestone Duelers they will be replacing had no trouble with dirt roads, and I don't expect the Generals will, either.
I won't, however, be driving thru Baja...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 Forester 4 cylinder
1 Posts
Hello everyone! It's nasty out here in NJ and the roads are terrible! I had to venture out before dinner and I am finally to the point where I realize I need new tires. I'm looking for what you are running right now and what you like!

I am running the stock 16" steel wheels that came with my MY06 X and would like to stick to the stock tire size.

Things in a tire that matter to me:

All Weather

Decent off road capabilities (some hilly dirt roads around here)

Great to amazing gas mileage

Good tread life

Tires I have been looking at:

Continental ContiProContact

Continental Purecontact Ecoplus

Yokohama Geolandar AT-S

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

jongrill, I too am looking to replace the Geolander H/T G900s that came on my 2006 Forester X, but don't care about off-road capabilities. I'm looking at the two Continental Conti Pro Contact and Pure Contact as well as the Pirelli Centurato P7 and the Michelin Premier A/S. What did you go with? Does anybody have any thoughts on the Pirelli or Michelin?

·
Registered
2003 FXS Auto
107 Posts
I went with General AltiMAX RT43. They were inexpensive and rated well @ TireRack.com. They got me through this past winter with no issue.

·
Registered
2006 Forester Auto
6 Posts
2006 Forester X

Hi,

I have a 2006 Forester X, had a similar decision to make, I do 50 city driving, 40% highway driving, and 10% beach and off road.

I wanted a tyre that would be able to do that, drive well in the rain at speed, decent economy and still be able to do off roading.

I went with the Yoko AT/S - best decision, handles GREAT:
-in the wet at speed
-dirt/gravel
-sand and mud

It also does well, I've had them 20,000 kms and they still look like new.

Mine cost me nearly $300 a tyre - and I'd absolutely buy them again.

Hope that helps,
Adrian

·
Registered
2006 Forester Auto
6 Posts
Forester 2006 X

I was also looking at the Goodrich tyres when I was pondering a suitable tyre.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt 4eat
24 Posts
I just picked up a set of cooper cs5's. So far I like them no complaints. They have an 80k tread life. We will see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts