Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 FXT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody tell me what aftermarket exhaust will work on my 2010 FXT? i've heard that the 08/09 wrx sedan setup is the same but i just wanted to verify that. any help would be great.:confused:

Thanks
alex

·
Registered
2009 Forester FXT
87 Posts
I've also heard that the 05-09 Legacy GT exhausts work too. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You are kinda wrong. All the hangers are in different locations, so the pipe bends, mufflers and such will fit, but you will have to get all the hangers moved.

Russ

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
^ I've never tried, but I'm pulling my Magnaflow mid and Lachute Y off my '05 LGT in another few weeks, and will at least mock-up a fit to the wife's SH. :smile:

·
Registered
09 FXT Stage 2 4EAT
431 Posts
You are kinda wrong. All the hangers are in different locations, so the pipe bends, mufflers and such will fit, but you will have to get all the hangers moved.

Russ
Thanks for the info. So the length and the bends are the same but the hangers are not. Too bad, there's a lot of good exhaust solutions coming from the Legacys.

^ I've never tried, but I'm pulling my Magnaflow mid and Lachute Y off my '05 LGT in another few weeks, and will at least mock-up a fit to the wife's SH. :smile:
Let us know how that goes.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,551 Posts
Ah, looks like wrx1 posted the same time as I did. :smile:

I have no reason to doubt his statements - but nevertheless, crawling under the FXT is nothing (to me, it's like a monster-truck!), and the parts are coming off the Legacy for good, so it'll be a 5-minute thing.

:smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts